Vietnamese Food

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by vnbootlover, Jun 4, 2006.

1. synner

synner Member

i love vietnamese food

2. puccaluv83

puccaluv83 Active Member

yah i lvoe viet food too.. they too good n not toomuch fat too..

3. zephyr_37

zephyr_37 Member

Viet food is soooo good lol. Everytime my family travels to Vietnam, the single thing I look forward to the most (er... besides family... sometimes...) is the food.

Spring rolls, pho, bun, banh loc (sp?), etc... I eat them all without worries XD

4. 1CrazyChick

1CrazyChick New Member

I love to eat banh bot loc... banh xeo... goi cuon and anything that has to do with bun... especially bun bo hue....

5. roseha86

roseha86 New Member

Pho bo, bun rieu, com tam are my top 3. Miss them sooo much

6. tWiNs_4_LiFe

tWiNs_4_LiFe Well-Known Member

i love vietnamese food!!! i eat it atleast once everyweek...

7. aknpr

aknpr Member

viet food rocks
    theres so much to choose from
    pho, bun rieu, cha gio, com tam and much much more

8. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

does it annoy u viet ppl when some ppl say pho as in "FULL" when the pronouce it

9. whenever i hear vietnamese food, i ll alwasy think of a 3letter word "PHO".

10. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

11. Yo itz Trong

Yo itz Trong Well-Known Member

Vietnamese restaurants owned by chinese people are the WORSE. I went to this supposely 'authentic' Viet restaurant and they had spring rolls and egg rolls messed up >.<. They didn't know the correct term for them in Viet

12. shnukumz81

shnukumz81 Well-Known Member

PHO FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!! -chef

13. Jay89

Jay89 Well-Known Member

if u've eaten dog then you won't like vietnamese food anymore :D ;) -shock

14. kwasakizx06

kwasakizx06 Member

what the fuck is wrong with you...

15. babyhead

babyhead Member

spring rolls, pho, summer rolls

16. quan

quan Well-Known Member

pho dac biet!! woowoo

17. Esente

Esente New Member

LOL, you guys are funny.

Come one, how many types of Vietnamese foods you know? Pho, pho... If you haven't lived in Vietnam for a long time, consider you know nothing about Vietnamese food. We don't go to big restaurants in hope to get good food. Do you have any idea of "street foods"?

Anyway, Vietnamese foods in US, especially "PHỞ" (damn, can't type correct Vietnamese word here) are really bad compared to PHO in Vietnam. You know, everyone can open a restaurant in US.

Some post above talking about making Pho. You right, if you want to get the right PHO, you have to cook it for 5+ hours. And we don't use frozen meats, guys!

I just love Vietnamese fruits! I have had Vietnamese food for over 19 years.

18. funny story, for toronto ppl, hear this out. beside p-mall, theres a restaurant owned by a viet manager, with chinese workers called "pho dao vien".

they gave me a paper of which i had to write my orders on. so just like any other viet restaurant, i wrote vietnamese. then, my waitress picked up the sheet, and she glared at me as if im some moron or something.. she qent back to her computer, and tried reading the orders out loud, and it pissed me off soo much!

"FAW DAKE BEET LAWN" (pho dac biet L)

yea thats kinda messed up.. another story is when that viet manager fired my friend cuz he didnt know how to speak chinese <_< my friend was viet.

dont go there, the service was crap. i asked for a glass 4 times, and on the fourth time, they practically threw the glass on my table...

19. Sadden_One

Sadden_One Well-Known Member

i like the viet deserts that we buy in the chinatown, the spring rolls, and pho