V6’s Morita Go makes his U.S. stage with “Kinkakuji” in New York

Discussion in 'Japanese Entertainment' started by Jeff, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

[​IMG]

V6’s Morita Go would make his U.S. debut at NYC’s Lincoln Center through the stage production, “Kinkakuji“, which is based off Mishima Yukio’s novel.

“Kinkakuji” will be played four times at the “Lincoln Center Festival” until July 24th. Morita Go attended a press conference with the play director, Miyamoto Amon, and powerfully stated, “ I feel like I finally got this far. I want to play with great enjoyment.”

Even though most of the audience members were foreign, he performed enthusiastically with Takaoka Sousuke (29) and Daito Shunsuke (25).

Many commented how it didn’t feel like it was first overseas stage, and when the curtains fell, the house erupted into cheers of “Bravo!” and wild applause.

After the stage, Morita showed a contented smile and said, “I was nervous since there were many theater experts as well as fans of Mishima Yukio’s, so I’m very glad to hear “Bravo” from the audience.”

After its tour overseas, “Kinkakuji” will be performed at Tokyo’s Akasaka ACT theater from January 27th till February 12th in 2012.

Source: SANSPO.COM, Tokyohive