Utada's Free "Come Back to Me" Music Video on iTunes, Wednesday March 25, 2009 Japan

Discussion in 'Japanese Entertainment' started by Raindropz, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

on and on is the only good one. im not sure why she had a nose job. she looks realy weird now.

2. person

person Well-Known Member

Yeah, On and On is a good song as well. Nose job? I don't really see a difference. Most of it is just make up and photoshop. Her nose still has that little slant as it always was. No noticeable 'change' like a pointier tip or anything.

3. [mJ9]

[mJ9] Well-Known Member

I also like 'This one' and i still don't get the 'Automatic'

4. Natsu

Natsu Well-Known Member

thats what i thought at first, but give it a few more listens and you will start to love it :D

5. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

^ ditto whut he says....automatic..(Y)

6. Natsu

Natsu Well-Known Member

yarr yarr :D

what the hell?? when?? i didnt know ~

7. Natsu

Natsu Well-Known Member

8. person

person Well-Known Member

^ Thanks a bunch Natsu!

Yeah, as for nose job, I don't notice a huge difference. I already post about my opinion above, so I won't type it out again.

What do you guys think of Poppin' and Dirty Desire? Both are alright, but not amazing. But I'm starting to like the songs now cause I constantly listen to the album.

9. Natsu

Natsu Well-Known Member

well when someone talks about the album, they're the two songs which wont immediately pop in my mind, so I guess they're alright ~ but might give them more chance ~

10. Espresso

I like the songs, but she seems to have crossed the 'i wanna be an american, so i can sing about 69s, sex, and no panties'. =\

I mean, she had this mystical image, clean cut, a model, an angel like person. Yes, her songs were gloomy before, deep, dark, and mystical.

But everytime she tries to tempt into the US audience, she would throw the 'sex innuendo' in. It kinda fails and disappointed me.

I think she just lost so much weight, and she's just ugly now. It's like when she sings, I can see her damn nostrils...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Her appearance did change though...

11. brown_bear

^ waittt which piccie is the new/old one...???

the top piccies not a great example though..ive seen prettier piccies of her....:kekekegay:

12. [mJ9]

[mJ9] Well-Known Member

lol,it's definitely not my my genre...

I think the 1st is the old her but she's not ugly in the 2nd pic...

13. Natsu

Natsu Well-Known Member

I think the lyrics she sings about 69s, sex, and no panties to try and appeal to the American audience to be successful, although I rather hear the clean, cut image she portrays to be honest

the 2nd picture looks really old, like from Exodus album or something. And the first picture, seen better picture of her than that, too much make-up ~

I think these are the newer pictures of her, personally I dont like her hair at the moment, prefer her with longer hair or "Heart Station" hair.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. brown_bear

^ the 1st piccie is pretty....i likey her hair....it makes a nice change..^^

dunno why the 2nd piccie.....she's got the robotic look -____-"

15. person

person Well-Known Member

No, first picture is the 'newer' one. 2nd picture is the 'First Love' cover album.
    Meh maybe it's just you Espresso, I still find her quite pretty. Difference of opinion there I guess.
    Yeah, Dirty Desire and Poppin, the sexual lyrics were a little odd, but that's the difference between Western and Asian culture. Musically you kind of have to adapt to the cultures music. Look at BoA. Practically every one of her songs are about sex. 'Eat U Up' etc etc.
    And I'm sure Utada has a few songs that are a little sexual in her Japanese albums. Unless you understand Japanese or read the translated lyrics, can't say for sure.

16. Natsu

Natsu Well-Known Member

17. Espresso

I have some Japanese friends, but I don't really need to press upon this. I can tell and as you said, that the culture difference would EAT UTADA alive in her debut. She came out who she was, w/ a search to be dark, melachony, sad, quiet. In fact, a majority of her earlier hits had that depressed tone.

Yes, she's jumped and changed her style, but her image was CLEAN ! Clean and nice, a character that could make it onto 'games', she was marketable, cute, loving !

But this isn't the 1st time she's ventured into the US market.

The US culture is crap ! I don't care, just because the US is so open, so scandalous, so cheap, so dirty, doesn't mean it's correct, or shoudl be conformed.

I mean, I still have Utada's 1st CD, her posters, as well as some other things me and my friends collect. It has waned, but this sucks !

She's ugly, and I never thought she was pretty, but her music in RECORDINGS are amazing.

But as much as this hurts, she can't sing live and it reminded me that she just passes off like a typical artist that's primped up. This reaffirms it. Kinda sad.

It's really catchy. I still like her songs. It's as if almost all the singles/albums she puts out sells well. She has the talent, but I really hate her image make over attempt.

Sorry for the rant.. Just dissapointed in the music industry world wide.

----

Only a cheap skank like Hyori can pull these songs. She's outta character.

Like the sayin goes. You can change a mountain easily, but you cannot change one's personality. This isn't utada.

18. person

person Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree with some of the things you said.
    But I guess to make it in the US, you gotta stand out a bit and be more sexy. It's sad to think that, but it's true.

What's sad is that more cultures are starting to adapt to the Westernized 'sexy' image for most if not all female artists. No longer promoting the artists talent, but their body.
    Guess it's safe to say good that Utada hasn't started wearing skimpy outfits?

19. Espresso

She would if she had "hyori's fake body'. LOL

Utada still has some fat to shed. She looks odd w/ her KIRIN ARM.
    Cuz if you fattie, it won't work. LOL

God, utada is so damn ugly.

[​IMG]

20. [mJ9]

[mJ9] Well-Known Member

True...but it's the people themselves who wants this(open,scandalous,cheap and dirty)