TVB's "Blue Veins" Gaining Momentum

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, May 3, 2016.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

tvb-MDMRP-Blue-veins-2016.jpg

Now that the slow but mandatory character introductions are finally over, TVB’s fantasy drama Blue Veins <殭> can finally get into the juicy story it wants to tell.

The vampire drama, which stars Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎) and Kay Tse (謝安琪), brought in subpar viewership ratings when it first debuted in mid-April. But the show seems to be finally holding up on its own, as ratings from last week’s Monday to Friday episodes increased to 23.3 points, drawing in at least 1.51 million live viewers per episode.

TVB’s second-line ratings went up by 1.7 points last week with the debut of My Dangerous Mafia Retirement Plan <火線下的江湖大佬>, starring Kent Cheng (鄭則士) and Tommy Wong (黃光亮). The show brought in an average of 24.1 points per episode and reeled in 1.56 million live viewers. The first episode, aired on April 25, averaged 26 points.

Meanwhile, Helen To’s (杜如風) travelogue program about Japan, Kansai Raider <関西攻略>, kept most of the viewers for Blue Veins and averaged 22.2 points last week.

TVB received seven complaints in regards to My Dangerous Mafia Retirement Plan. Most of the complaints pointed out that the drama’s topic about triad organizations was too dark to be aired on a second-line timeslot, as the topic is harmful to youths.

TVB responded to these complains by arguing that the story of My Dangerous Mafia Retirement Plan is about two has-been triad leaders who want to start new lives as good people. TVB urged viewers to be more patient with the show, as the story delivers good moral messages.

Creds: Oriental Daily

2. TRUEXDREAMS

TRUEXDREAMS Well-Known Member

blue viens is getting interesting =)

• Like Like x 1
  3. mytlcs

mytlcs Well-Known Member

complaints.. seriously.. go back to sleep... i found both these shows enjoyable to watch... entertaining...
    these people lack opening up... what fruitless complaints... what a pineapple cantalope watermelon.

seriously lack of patience and insight.. way too early to conclude until you hear/watch the full story.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

the only thing bad about blue veins is the fighting scenes. also, that boy who shaved his jaw line is stupid.