TVB Considering Sequel to "The Exorcist's Meter"

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Jan 17, 2018.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

Kenneth-Ma-The-Exorcists-Meter-2-sequel.jpg

While filmed with a small budget, The Exorcist’s Meter <降魔的> delighted viewers with its unconventional mix of humor and horror and became the fifth most watched series of the year. When writing the drama, Script Editor Ruby Law (羅佩清) said that they left possibilities for further story arcs and is currently working on preliminary plans for a sequel.

On her Facebook page last night, Ruby Law shared that the sequel is titled The Exorcist’s Meter: Crossroads <降魔的之十字路口>. Although Ruby indicated that there are plans for a sequel, it is still too early to determine the exact details. However, she hopes that viewers will continue to support the series and cast the votes in the upcoming TVB Anniversary Awards. “The Exorcist’s Meter was a budget production. I don’t dare to expect it to win awards, but it’s is an honor to be part of the awards race. We’ll take this opportunity to fight for more public support, so it can give [TVB] confidence in a sequel.”

Besides thanking viewers for their support, Ruby talked about her deceased parents, who served as her inspiration for drama. She wrote, “The Exorcist’s Meter holds a very special meaning in my heart. Besides it being the first series that I acted as [Script Editor], the show is my gift to my deceased parents. This unbearable pain was what motivated me to think about the deeper meanings of life and death. My wish is that no matter where people are, death won’t be what tears them apart. I can’t say if this series was a milestone or not, but if this touched the hearts of those who have lost a family member and offered them some sort of comfort, then I’m already pleased.”

Kenneth Ma Didn’t Get Notice for a Sequel Yet

Currently in the running for Best Actor for his performance in The Exorcist’s Meter, Kenneth Ma (馬國明) said he has not received notice for a sequel yet. Stating that he is obviously biased towards the series, Kenneth has been doing his own little promotions so viewers will vote for The Exorcist’s Meter. Confident that a sequel will do well, Kenneth said he will wait for executive management’s decision and will be just as happy even if he is not cast again in the drama.

Creds: HK01

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. curious to see what happens next its a good script indeed GJ Ruby!

3. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

drama isnt even that good but whatever.