Tv, Movie And Live Apk Apps for Android TV Box And Tablet

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by ailyeric, Aug 14, 2017.

1. TVBrother

TVBrother Active Member

Those that want HK TVB channels live, try install 星火电视 app.
    https://mega.nz/#F!XupVGQoZ!3GvBhYOT93CpKVD316QXlg

Things to note:
    1. Only [盒子] version works, even for smartphones.
    2. Whenever need to update, need to click update.
    3. Every time a new version is installed, need to click "软件设置" 2 times, once on the orange tab and another on the big "软件设置" word on the next screen on top, then exit app and restart app to see HK channels appears.
    4. Sometimes you can hear duplicate lagging audio while viewing channels, just exit, clear phone memory & restart app, it helps clear the bug.
    5. No VPN required.

Above link is 2.0.0.3 version, just install and it will prompt you to update.
    Current version is 2.0.0.4
    Their forum is bbs.xhzb.tw

#241 TVBrother, Dec 5, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  2. MikeyC

MikeyC New Member

Thanks...when I scan these apks with VirusTotal.com I am given the results below. In fact, a lot of these apps that I run through VirusTotal usually give me these red flags..... should I really worry about these or are they false positives? I'm just installing on my box, shouldn't be too much concern, right?
    Any thoughts....

upload_2019-12-8_19-46-58.png

Attached Files:

3. TVBrother

TVBrother Active Member

Yup, installing on Android box should be fine since I don't sign in Google account on the box. Even if sign in, I will use a spare empty Google account.

But installing it on smartphone at your own risk because there are personal data inside the smartphone.

4. Tikkitumble

Tikkitumble New Member

Hi Everyone,

A total newb here, but I just want to see if someone can point me in the right direction on how I set up a TV box with all the links provided.

Basically, I didn't know what a TV Box was until my parents bought a TV box from a store in Chinatown. They purchased a yearly subscription using an A1 box (pretty old I suspect.) I believe it's expired now and my technologically un-savvy parents want to repurchase a subscription specifically for the TVB app (粵重看 - VOD app), but I think it's a waste of money since they don't watch anything else. I will buy it as a last resort, but since we already have an A1 box and a whole lot of links provided by ailyeric and others, I want to try DIYing myself.

Can someone let me know if that's even possible and if so, what's the first step to getting this reformatted so I can get access just for TVB/Cantonese apps?

Greatly appreciate your help on this! Please let me know if I should have this moved to another section. I feel I got the right topic, but if not, apologies!

5. TVBrother

TVBrother Active Member

No need to reformat if still can boot up, but is it possible to uninstall the unused apps to free up space and install new apk files?

6. Tikkitumble

Tikkitumble New Member

Thanks for replying, TVBrother. I figured it out. For those out there who needs some tips - the best way to do this is to upload APK files from desktop to Google Drive, login to that same drive from Android TV Box and then download them back to Android TV Box.

TVBrother, is there an APK for watching TVB with option to pick within 7 days of history?

7. TVBrother

TVBrother Active Member

You mean you can't copy apk files into Android box by microsd card slot or USB thumbdrive?:hmm:

My above apk & instruction is the one app that can watch TVB free without limited days.:thumbsup3:

8. Tikkitumble

Tikkitumble New Member

Nope, I tried. For some reason, the box found the APKs in the thumbdrive, but couldn't install them. Only when I downloaded them from Google Drive. I will check out 星火电视. Thanks :)!

9. ailyeric

ailyeric Well-Known Member

u can use file manager apps like es file explorer or shafa market to install the apk files from usb drive.

10. TVBrother

TVBrother Active Member

https://mega.nz/#!6z4lBK7Q!iDcgat9YSOat1YV_R5JBv2WxyCrWabb2rkmtnm-zemE
    Another good app to watch live TVB channels, it says valid for 666 days, not sure whether it is true or not.

11. Tikkitumble

Tikkitumble New Member

Thanks ailyeric! :). Do I download shafa to the usb and it will appear? I will try tomorrow. I tried other file managers from google play like ES explorer, but even then the file didn't install from the USB. Might just be my parent's sucky unit lol.

I'm actually on the hunt for a new TV Box, since I know how to download apps now. I was looking at H96 max...what do you guys have? Is it reliable?

Appreciate it, TVBrother! My dad was thrilled with 新快视频. It's the only one I installed two days ago lol. Baby steps. I hope he likes these new ones too. Thanks so much for sharing your info.

On that note, where do you guys go to find these apps? Do you go to baidu and just search up these apks?

12. TVBrother

TVBrother Active Member

新快视频 & 今日影视 are the basic 2 must-install free VOD apps imo.
    For me, I will search for apps everywhere daily, in forums, in blogs, test them whether they are stable or not, before posting them here.:thumbsup2:

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  13. TVBrother

TVBrother Active Member

Nice compilation, but dunno why the DaMaiTV app always forced close on me.

14. ailyeric

what android box and android version are u using?

15. TVBrother

TVBrother Active Member

I'm using Android emulator to try out first, most of the apps worked, but DaMaiTV always forced close.

16. ailyeric

well, that solves the problem lol. most apps don't work on emulator. u are lucky just to get most of them to work.

17. mytvbox2019

mytvbox2019 New Member

i am a newbie.. i installed MyTv_super4_30, but they require code. Do you have it? Thanks

18. TVBrother

TVBrother Active Member

Haha...lucky me....I think malicious apps don't attack Android emulator users imo, because emulators can generate different IMEI. So I tried the apps on emulator first, if worked meaning it is safe. If it crashed, could be the malicious app failed to identify a smartphone or box user and exit immediately. Anyway, just a wild guess.

19. TVBrother

TVBrother Active Member

Yup, you are right, now it doesn't work. "网络无法连接" so the validity period for 666 days is fake.
    星火电视 still the best app for TVB & Taiwan live channels.

#260 TVBrother, Jan 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020