Turtle and Frogs

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by [N], Jun 17, 2007.

1. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

typical answer in asian countries lol, until you eat it here where everyone thinks you are a freak and i think they ban selling turtles in the supermarkets here right now, haven't seen em for years but yeah still sell frogs here. i'm still a biased person against eating frogs and turtles though lol, ain't gonna change for a long time.

@aishu: Bad Girl!!!

2. aishiteru4

aishiteru4 Well-Known Member

ehehe i do know those buttons.. lol... hey.. this is called laziness... hehehe fine fine.. i will edit my post :p
    hmmph
    meani!

hehhee ofcourse i m not as professional like that lar.. ehhehe but its kinda fun thou ehhehe
    n yes i love tin kai juk.. hehe but always remember.. hehehe
    over cook them.. they turn into rubber!!! ahahahha

lol... well maybe they think the person eating it is a freak.. lol (not point fingers at anyone... )
    ehehhehe

hey!!!! hmmph
    i tot someone told me to be evil.. n now u r saying i m bad girl
    lol

@hiake.... now do u know y?? this post took me 5 mins to correct!!! hmmph
    meanie!!!!!
    n plus the length of it looks like a whole essay!!

3. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

Hmmm...actually I think turtles are pretty much banned too. If I'm not mistaken, you can only get them in the black markets. Cos of the high demand in places like China, where they are very much sought after, people smuggle the turtles over to China under inhumane conditions. Btw, are we talking bout turtles or terrapins? Cos I know people eat turtle eggs, but not turtles per se. And sui yu is actually river terrapins...

4. aishiteru4

aiks... sorry then.. i meant terrapin.. hehe my bad.. i eat sui yu... hehehehe
    i tot they call that turtles.. heheeh me n my ignorance... my bad my bad hehehe

oh wait.. does that mean turtles are penyu? but wait... wots the diff between penyu, sui yu, and those pet turtles?

5. dreyvii

Turtles are bigger in size, and their flippers are different too. Terrapins have a longer snout, and are smaller compared to turtles. If I'm not mistaken, their shells are also softer than the turtles. I think you mean pet tortoises...People don't usually have turtles as pets, cos they're protected species.

6. aishiteru4

aiks... lol.. so means turtles are penyu??
    ehhehe
    llol... sorry sorry my bad.. heheheh dont know too much bout the reptilian spesies... they r reptiles rite??

7. dreyvii

^Hahahaha...I think they're amphibians...;)

8. aishiteru4

:'( sobs.. ehhehe i stink at science
    ehehhe
    lol.. ok ok.. thank u.. ehhe now i know.. hehehe

9. longblack

longblack New Member

I like taking both, but very much less of the turtle these days. I understand that eating frog legs are used in some tcm prescription, suppose to be good for the body.

10. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

I'm allergic to turtles. No, I didn't go around licking turtles. I had some turtle soup. Frogs are good. Only problem is that they're too small.

11. aishiteru4

aikss
    allergy? wot happen? rash? ehhe maybe its due to those.. yit dai.. leung dai thing?

12. kontradictions

I broke into a nasty rash the day after I ate the soup. :(

13. aishiteru4

goodness... that bad huh.... hmmm r u sure its the turtle? maybe other stuff? mum says turtle... very "bo" ?

14. kontradictions

Yeah, I heard turtle is very healthy for you but unfortunately I'm positive it was the turtle because I had nothing out of the ordinary besides that. Also, it was my first time eating turtle. I know a lot of people who are allergic to healthy foods. A friend of mine is allergic to Mango and Pineapple.

15. aishiteru4

wahh...
    ok ok... hmmm hehe but did u liek the turtle?? oh oh.. maybe its the herbs.. they used to make the turtle?
    eehehe

16. honkiebonkie

honkiebonkie Well-Known Member

er.. thats pretty disturbing.. -sick2 haha-lol

but none for me thanks. -tongue2

17. dragong87

dragong87 Well-Known Member

neva had turtle before... had frogs legs tho... they're nice.. taste exactly like chicken!! literally :p

18. dreyvii

Hmm...maybe you can try it a second time to confirm...lol

Haha...yeah, it can be pretty disturbing to some. That's why it falls under exotic food, and not everyday foods!! :p

19. aishiteru4

ehhh is tin gai exotic food? i tot its not??? cos ppl's breeding them now wor.. n alot of ppl's eating them too

20. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

never ate it and never will i find it kinda disgusting