Trip to Seoul

Discussion in 'Korean Chat' started by ilac91, Dec 28, 2005.

1. ilac91

ilac91 Member

I wanted to know what are some things one must see or do in Seoul? I've never been there however had friends say that there isn't much to see.

2. Myolie88

Myolie88 Banned

i hear its very much like the states, i dont see much culture in korean media. maybe im wrong and someone korean could tell us. in movies i never see them worship or anything thats shows culture. the houses look very western and i dont ever see any religious symbols or buildings. No hot potting, or anything. They remind me of americans except asian.

3. dolongdao

dolongdao Member

i agree with myolie..i think itd just be like the korean tokyo..im sure theres gotta be some sort of cultural buildings tho

4. h2obubbli

h2obubbli Member

There is, theres sections in the city where it contains more culture buildings

5. sweetlilpiggy

sweetlilpiggy Member

I will visit Seoul one of these days....

6. lumines

lumines Active Member

lol anyone live in california or nyc?...well if you live in nyc...theres a koreatown im familar with. You can see the culture there. I say its similar to the japanese/chinese...just a mixed of them both.

and what are you talking about they never show korean culture in the media...you see them bow, eat, act, etc....

7. don

don ello

there's snow there....right??

8. XiouYen

XiouYen Member

Me 2, I'd like to go to Seoul but the price is quite expensive . Can anyone post the pics?

9. adolka

adolka Member

i've been once when i was around 10 lol but as i could remember...it was a pretty cool place...i remmeber the food was pretty good

10. steviechan83

steviechan83 Member

I went there a year ago to visit my gf.......i lived in the downtown of Seoul...and all i can tell u is that there are a lot of people there.........and also the environment is not as good

and if you like korean food then u will not find a hard time there.....cuz like other food other than korean is pretty expensive

11. tamagodaisuki

seoul is such a prettier place! really want to go there for fun!

12. puffypee

puffypee Member

shopping!! there is always shopping!!

13. michaelc

michaelc Active Member

Never been to seoul but going there if i got the time just look at them the girls are hottttt :D

14. SAMSUNGmobile

SAMSUNGmobile Member

Definately must go Myeong Dong and Dongdaemun to shop

15. axrustyxglove

axrustyxglove Well-Known Member

i live in cali and we have a koreatown in L.A
    but eh its just a big Plaza, i wish it looked more like korea. haha
    cause chinatown woahh the structure make it seem like your in china. but koreatown is like the Mall with korean store and stuff.

16. kaungkinmoe

kaungkinmoe Member

i can't wait to visit seoul with my friend :)

17. ribsandbbqbeef

ribsandbbqbeef Well-Known Member

Booking at lounges, korean hip hop, DDR arcade shops, excellent Korean food, shopping Asian/Korean fashion, Korean hot springs/bathhouses, korean dramas/movies (tho we get that here already =) etc...

18. moodycaddy

moodycaddy Well-Known Member

i've been to seoul a long time ago too. and i don't rmb much. but i think there's a lot or restaurants and kareokes and cyber cafes

19. ErincETVXQ

ErincETVXQ Member

it's the place cool? i want to go there someday to meet TVXQ! LoL!