Tried To Play Game, Told My Video Card Not Good Enough, LOL...

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by ralphrepo, Jan 11, 2014.

1. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Downloaded and installed Might & Magic Heroes 6, the latest version from the classic Heroes Of Might & Magic (turn based chess board type combat game series) and was hoping to get back into it. The first thing I get is a message that my video card cannot even run the game. I then went on one of those sites that compares video cards, and saw that the top of line got scores ranging from 5000-7000 points. Mine? LOL... It got a 22. That's not a typo; a freaking 22.

Looks like I need a new computer, LOL... -bowroflarms

#1 ralphrepo, Jan 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  2. Kwan84

Kwan84 Active Member

whats your video card??

3. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

Wow, how old is your PC? lol

4. ralphrepo

It's an Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 that came with one of those HP Pavilion Slimline shit boxes that I bought at a Best Buy about three years ago. Immediately prior to that, I had a fairly decent box that got fried; I was in such a hurry to just get something running in the interim, I bought the clunker just to have a bare minimum something to use. After a while, I just got so used to using it that I really didn't miss all the other bells and whistles of a faster system; ...well, that is, until now, LOL...

But with two kids in college, I guess I'll wait, or else I'll buy something for one of the kids and then take one of their old boxes. Their desktops crank out high frame rate FPS's without problems so anything they have is already leagues ahead of mine. As it is, I'm running out of storage more than anything else. Just bought a WD 2 TB portable drive; too many damn movies, LOL...

5. PBPsti

PBPsti Well-Known Member

i dont think that graphic card is make for any games, lol.

6. ralphrepo

Frankly, I was rather surprised that it held up as well as it did over the years, I was actually able to play a lot of great turn based games (which is my genre by choice) as the first person shooters don't really interest me all that much. So until recently, I didn't need to crunch pixels all that much. But alas, nothing lasts forever.

7. shit.. I bet you iphone can play it.. and it just be on there.. lol

8. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

well, try league of legends or elsword.... those two games dont require any graphic card

9. ralphrepo

Wouldn't surprise me, those phones really are just mini-computers nowadays and the focus is on graphics so their chips a top shelf; it would be great to get HOMM onto my phone.

Entirely different kind of game; Might and Magic Heroes 6 (aka Heroes of Might and Magic) is turn based; the others are run and gun which generally don't interest me at all. I've always like the games which required a lot of thinking before each move. What they did was take a really engrossing turn based game and make it super 3D effect. While it looks great, it's actually the game play that's the draw.