Torrents vs Direct Download Links

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by SUSIE-DANG-1988, May 6, 2008.

?

Torrents or Direct Download Links

1. Torrents

23 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. DDL

70 vote(s)
    45.8%
  3. Both

60 vote(s)
    39.2%
  1. Giniro

Giniro Well-Known Member

I am ok with both just as long as there are seeder for torrent.

2. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

i download whole TV seasons, DDL isn't really an option

3. starze

starze Member

Mixture of both. Usually use torrents as its faster to come out and if you get it in time, useful for multiepisodes of dramas. DDL when thre's no torrent or seeds, but then lots of ddl have broken links as well.

4. kwong

kwong New Member

I prefer ddl. I can get a episode in 20 mins. or less with megaupload.

5. so do i, torrent isnt an option cus it takes way to long, but i have a rapidshare premium account.

6. kengwoon

kengwoon Member

I personally fell DDL is better. Most likely due to the speed that it is able to give. The Internet service providers here apply QoS on P2P traffic, so downloading via torrents can be very very slow

7. alpexii

alpexii Active Member

ddl for me.. i have wireless broadband and its toooooooo slow for torrents

8. xdly

xdly Well-Known Member

both are great... as long as there are enough seeders or uploads which arent outdated.

9. [mJ9]

[mJ9] Well-Known Member

I prefer using torrents because i don't have any accounts and my IP resets every 6-8 hrs:(
    Downloading from torrents is slower and it wastes my bandwidth but at least i can resume my downloads...

10. Natsu

Natsu Well-Known Member

torrents personally as I like to leave my PC and just download whilst I dont have to keep coming back to my PC to download like you would with DDL. but i seem to be doing DDL more lately >.<

11. heh?? i just go onto a page and capture all the DDL links and everything downloads while im away or sleeping. Orbit Downloader ftw as it lets you put your premium account details in it then it does the work for you.

12. AMenzZ

AMenzZ New Member

In some instance i would prefer DDL althou it is not resumable if stop halfway but its ok for me since torrent-ing at my area is not so consistent in term of speed....but rather slow....

DL drama i stil prefer DDL....haha..

13. cav1783

cav1783 Member

torents will be less hassle but ddl will be faster. But i prefer torrents better, at least i wont worry when i download till halfway connection drop.

14. Uvio

Uvio Guest

I don't mind but DDL seems by perfer choice at the moment :)

15. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

for me now - since I've changed internet package - torrent ftw! soo much faster!! movie = 20-30min | ddl = 5-7hrs
    but if just one song, it's okay to download via direct download link.

16. ///M

///M Well-Known Member

It depends...

If the file is less than <200MB in size and this usually takes less than 20min, then I would prefer to DLL method, or torrents if this yield faster than DLL time, not the case IIRC.

If the file is >1GB, I would definitely using torrents if I gonna download a series of movie or drama that in GB size, you just set it and forget about it until it finish, and pretended I am not anxious to see the finale or something. If not, I would have to find something to do in the meantime. gfight1