Torrents vs Direct Download Links

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by SUSIE-DANG-1988, May 6, 2008.

?

Torrents or Direct Download Links

1. Torrents

23 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. DDL

70 vote(s)
    45.8%
  3. Both

60 vote(s)
    39.2%
  1. ambrosa

ambrosa Member

heheheheh i prefer direct downloads but something torrent

2. sars4tw

sars4tw Well-Known Member

I like both torrents and DDL. Both have there pros and cons. Due to my demanding behavior when I want something...I WANT IT NOW! I seek for torrents.

3. Chibi12

Chibi12 Well-Known Member

Ok, for me, for some reason i always download chinese TV series via ddl, but everything else like movies and american/uk dramas its torrent. I sometimes find ddling HK TV episodes very fast esp. wen they are new.

4. akura

akura Member

direct download is much more faster

5. nick5338

nick5338 Member

torrent just waste of time

6. abubin

abubin Active Member

DDL is overtaking torrent fast. Cause DDL is so much faster is ISPs are not blocking it yet.

7. bobbylee

bobbylee Well-Known Member

direct download is good cos its really fast but if ur internet cuts out, ur screwed.
    torrents, u can schedule, so u can download at night and if ur internet cuts off, u can continue to download later. also u can downlad multiple files at once.
    both have pros and cons.

8. tard_288

tard_288 Member

Definitely DDL for me. I have never been able to get any torrents to work and the fact that some of the Torrent programs have spyware on them scare me off.

Just a question to you all. If I did want to try torrents, which program is the best?? I have heard some good things about BitComet. What are you guys using? Thanks in advance...

9. gawain187

gawain187 Well-Known Member

I like DDL more of a constant rather then the risky torrent

10. camospartan

camospartan Well-Known Member

Dl = fast!!! Torrent needs to have seeders while Dl does not.

11. DDL for the most of time, because it gives me the max speed, much faster!!

12. diana64331

diana64331 Member

i prefer direct download, its a lot faster than BT
    i usually watch old shows sometimes and its anoying to wait for a couple of days to finish downloading the whole thing

13. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol, lets say DDL = fast speed but, but u cant pause it
    BT = normal speed, more results and u can pause it so ur not screwed if your comp turns off or somethin

14. of course direct is the best.
    just click and wait until it finishes in 20 mins each episode.

15. AWhite

AWhite Active Member

i prefer dll.
    it's much quicker becos with torrent, it really depends on seeder - which is really annoying if i am at 99.9%
    or when I dl 1/2 way, there's no more seeders anymore - I have 2 movies which dl 1/2 way and suddenly all seeders dissapear... it's annoying =(

16. jklee369

jklee369 Well-Known Member

Depends on what you are downloading.

For new and popular stuff i would go for torrent as they are lots of seeders out there.
    There always a lot of seeders for the newest popular stuff :)

For music i tend to use DD, partly bcos i dont know where to get them from and also bcos they are smaller files which i can quickly dwnload from. Only downside is that the links may be down, so best advice is to check the sites regularly to ensure that you dont miss out

17. magickqueen

magickqueen Active Member

I agree with runtohell121 (nice name). I used to use BT but after getting a membership to a DDL site, I love the speeds that they provide and use them more.

18. koizuki

koizuki Member

i would perfer direct d/l cuz its usually faster

19. spawn92704

spawn92704 Active Member

I prefer direct download links because it is so much faster than torrents.

20. i can pause my DDL's