Tony Leung Chiu Wai

Discussion in 'Chinese Male Artists' started by tis me, Mar 11, 2007.

1. tis me

tis me Well-Known Member

Wow.. the casting for this movie seems to be still up in the air. I was disappointed that Tony decided not to do this movie.. so it would be interesting to see him play a role that was intended for Chow Yun-fat.

2. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

loved him in infernal affairs trilogy..very good acting..=D

3. pto88

pto88 Well-Known Member

good good

4. tis me

tis me Well-Known Member

Well.. I can see why the other tigers might have hard feelings cuz Tony decided to stay with TVB but I think they should understand that Tony needed the money to take care of his family. It's stupid to hold a grudge over that..

5. crazyvoni

crazyvoni Well-Known Member

he is soooo cute!
    gah... i love him in infernal affairs XD

6. Wai2x

Wai2x Well-Known Member

He is truly awesome! i met him once and he was v. friendly and charasmatic!

7. tis me

tis me Well-Known Member

This is great! I wonder why the sudden release of his official website though?

8. xmichelly

xmichelly Well-Known Member

Tony Leung is pretty good looking for someone his age ^__^

9. tis me

tis me Well-Known Member

It's so weird that Tony will be filming in a role other than the one originally intended for him.. can't wait to see how the movie turns out. Although.. I'm sure I'll constantly be comparing Tony to Takeshi in the movie and wondering if Tony would have done a better job.

Happy Birthday to Tony!! Hope he can celebrate with his family and Carina when he returns to HK.. He looks so youthful in those pics.. def not the face of a 45-yr old..

10. he is a very good actor lol good good

11. kianu

kianu Well-Known Member

he's a great actor...I used to like him a lot when i was little!!He's so good!!!

12. tis me

tis me Well-Known Member

I'm so excited to see this movie.. love Ang Lee and love Tony. I hope that collaborating with Ang Lee will introduce Tony's acting to a wider audience.

13. kenyau

kenyau Member

mount deer was great

14. freeminded

freeminded Well-Known Member

I wish to see him in a tv series again but I doubt that will happen again

15. tis me

tis me Well-Known Member

I wonder why there are no pics of the rest of the cast?? He looks so old in these pics.. but I guess that's the point..

16. tis me

tis me Well-Known Member

Yeah.. I can't even imagine what type of series he could be in.. I'd hate to see his talent wasted on a TVB script. -noclue

17. tinybb

tinybb Member

my all time favorite. I loved most of his movies. I just started watching cadet' 84 again.

18. yongxlin

yongxlin Well-Known Member

great great actor. i wish he would take more comedial roles instead of sad, depressing and serious roles.

19. stocknas

stocknas Well-Known Member

One of the best actor in hk ever. He is even better then andy lau in my eyes but of cause he is not like andy a all inclusive guy who can act, sing and make business like andy...

20. tis me

tis me Well-Known Member

I agree.. Tony's acting skills is definitely superior to Andy Lau's. And I actually think Tony has a decent voice.. but I don't think he has Andy's outgoing personality which is necessary to be a successful singer. As for business.. I think Tony's just not interested.. and as far as I know, most of Andy's business ventures fail.. he has said that he's too nice a guy to be a successful businessman.