To Grow With Love Series Discussion

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Oct 24, 2006.

1. peacebreaker

peacebreaker Active Member

lol man she got chubby for this. good acting by everyone though. great series

2. lee-lee

lee-lee Well-Known Member

i just finished this series. spoilers ahead, so if u don't want to know about it, STOP READING NOW!!! personal opinion: don't know why there was such big hype over it. tvb saw the success of the k-drama "my lovely samsoon" and tried to find the same success with to grow with love. but it totally fell short. her obsession of "some ling seurng tong" got quite annoying. there was one episode where andy hui is drawing flowers in the sunset/sunrise pic that myolie had drawn, i found myself chuckling over a guy drawing flowers for no reason. half way thru the show, there were a couple of eps where andy hui wasn't even talked about. it went into this whole weird thing about myolie's dad getting a god daughter...total waste of time. i wanted to see andy's character struggle with his conflict of liking myolie but that never occured. when myolie was going to marry kenneth ma, andy's character wasn't even in the storyline.
    another thing that really bugged me was the way they made ppl who weren't skinny as a stick seem like some kind of contagious plague. i don't live in hong kong, so i don't know if this is actually the way ppl act there, but i find it incredibly dispicable.
    and the ending was just weak. only thing i really loved was the relationship between "ah lok" and "fei ji hei".
    i saw my lovely samsoon and loved it to pieces. so when i found out tvb was going to make a romantic comedy about a chubby girl, i had high hopes (i'm chinese--and LOVE tvb dramas). but besides being a time filler, it did nothing for me. Please don't hate me. it's just my opinion
    One more thing, i would have gone with kenneth ma. mum always told me much more important to pick one that loves u more than u love him. hahaha

3. evalnekochan

evalnekochan Well-Known Member

i want to see it does anyone know where i can download it

4. ms-jojo

ms-jojo Well-Known Member

5. andy0810

andy0810 Member

This was a great tv series. Was funny and enjoyable to watch. andy hui was very good in it

6. andy0810

andy0810 Member

Great tv seiries. This is defintely one to watch

7. wysandman

wysandman Well-Known Member

what the name of the guy who play's ga fei,
    the funny guy with glasses who likes fei tin

8. Kenneth Ma

9. ^ He is so funny!! ^^

10. tallgirl888

tallgirl888 Well-Known Member

Well the shirts look similar but a little different, one has sleeves, the other doesn't...

11. pastrami

pastrami Banned

Is this more of a sob sad series or comedy/fun series? Wondering if I should recommend this for my mom, definitely don't want her watching something sad.

12. mizzgirl

mizzgirl Member

this was a okay series.. typical love story, just watched cuz' of myolie's big sacrifice.. gotta give her credit for that!

13. yuriyun3

yuriyun3 Member

big props for Myolie for the sacrifices and i actually really like this drama...I think it was the best out of this year...i donno its just my opinion ^_^

14. Kaitou_Kid

Kaitou_Kid Well-Known Member

i always thought Andy Hui looked like a horse but wow he's very attractive in this series. Myolie and Jack are so cute! I just wanna pinch his cheeks and give him a hug! :D

15. kakenx

kakenx Well-Known Member

what a big difference fat myolie ~ fit myolie... scared me when I saw 1st episode loL! I didn't like her character at first cuz she was such a dummy lol! messing up Andy's stuff haha!

16. whoaitselaine

whoaitselaine Well-Known Member

i really like this movie =D i'm watching it rite now & i dink dat its good dat myolie wu is setting an example for teenage girls ^^.. becus nowadays, alot of girls keep dinking they're fat & stuff like dat.. and its good dat she plays this role. it shows dat fat people are actually capable of doing sumthing.. >.<

17. -dragonfly-

-dragonfly- Member

This was a funny series! Go Myolie! =)

Though, I didn't really think that she was that fat... (Is that just me?)

I loved the episodes where Andy loses his memory in Thailand, funny stuff.

18. cutiekins

cutiekins Active Member

awww....i really wanted tina to like ka fai, he appreciates her the most

19. nhilam06

nhilam06 Active Member

To Grow With Love

Have u watch to grow with love? it is really funny. my favorite part is when Myolie go swimming with Andy.

20. ms-jojo

ms-jojo Well-Known Member

haha yeah i just finished watching it.. and it really was funny! i loved that part too hahahaha it was hilarious. what i didn't like about the series was that the whole way through i was like OMG STOP TAKING ADVICE FROM LENG JIE!!!! OMG JUST TELL HIM!!! OMG WHY CAN'T ANYONE TELL THE TRUTH AROUND HERE?! and i really didn't like how Fei Zai Hei's dad didn't like skinny girls JUST because of his daughter. plus it was so repetitive.

other than that, great series hahahha.