Tips for Stress

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by Mihawk11, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Mihawk11

Mihawk11 Member

Excerise - even just small walk a day. You dont need to go to the gym and work out
    to feel better, walking is free, and its fun! Take a friend, walk around your
    neighbourhood, and enjoy

Limit your sugar. When we are stressed, it's tempting to go for the chocolates or the ice cream in the freezer

Find yourself a hobby! Maybe you like collecting things but never got around to doing it,
    or maybe you enjoy painting, or building furniture

Drink a lot of water!

Read a book. Taking time to read something that you enjoy is a fantastic way to relax.

Tell yourself something nice. Such as: "I'm doing a good job taking care of my family," or
    "I handled that situation well," etc.

Relax and watch a movie that you want to watch. Often, I find myself only watching things that everyone
    else in my family watches, neglecting my own desires.

2. kevin

kevin RAWR!

"Limit your sugar. When we are stressed, it's tempting to go for the chocolates or the ice cream in the freezer"

I don't get this. So when we are stressed, should we eat more or eat less food containing sugar? I thought it would be a good idea to eat more sugar.

INTERESTING FACT!

Stressed spelt backwards is Desserts. Therefore it's good to eat more sugary food when stressed.

I know it's a bit contradicting to what I said, but just want a clarification from you.

3. Mihawk11

Mihawk11 Member

it's only going to make you feel worse in the long run. Sugar causes you to feel "high" for a short period of time, but after the sugar high passes, you are going to crash and feel even worse than before. If you feel that you absolutely must have sugar, have one scoop of ice cream, not three, or just one cookie instead of half the pack

4. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Ah interesting (Y) Didn't think of it that way.

5. Sande

Sande Member

Dark chocolate has been proven to help to raise the level of serotonin — the feel-good hormone — that acts as an anti-depressant!!!!
    This is why chocolate is a good stress reliever =)

6. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

music is my stress reliever and talking to friends who listen

LOL

7. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

listen to trance

8. laofuzhi

laofuzhi Well-Known Member

Have lots of sex; you know all of you are thinking it. Just no one said it out loud.

9. kenkilin

kenkilin New Member

Meditation is the most beneficial way to get rid from stress. It is also benefited in treatment of headache and migraine which help with concentration and focus and changes in attitude.

Thanks!

10. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Just be careful that you don't feel too good: Serotonin Syndrome It's a very bad way to go.

11. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

eating for food for stress relief never ends well.

You can do what I do which is this..

Get a pen and paper.
    Write down the things stressing you out.
    Work through them, deal with them, get rid of them, put an end to them etc, just do it, if its stressing then it aint good.
    remove each entry from the list as you deal with it.
    In the end, no more stress.

No point trying to make yourself feel better, you had better deal with the root problem, its the equivalent to taking paracetamol all the time over dealing with your health issue.