Thoughts on series

Discussion in 'Ghetto Justice - 怒火街頭' started by kevin, May 30, 2011.

1. kevin

kevin RAWR!

After watching episode 1, what do you think?

The intro music was by Jin Ayo right, sounds like him.

The first 12min was good and was jokes to see that Kevin Cheng was indeed a genuine lawyer. His office is rather in a mess though, for a lawyer that is -sweat

PS: what is that guy's name (Kevin's assistant and the one from My Sister of Eternal Flowers?) cos he is starting to get good roles now -bigclap

2. tjsye2

tjsye2 Well-Known Member

The intro song is indeed sung by Jin. So far the series is pretty decent.

3. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

I'm actually watching these series as it goes and so far I'm liking it. But the plot isn't something new, it's the same old theme but I like it.

I really like the fact that a couple of old faces are back doing a series.

4. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

i think it's alright. I dont like or hate it........i'm still not a big fan of myolie wu. I dont hate her, but i just dont like her........lol?

5. HiNg

HiNg Well-Known Member

ep1 was decent 2 watch n kinda jks aswell should b a good drama

6. pOtentiaLeaver

pOtentiaLeaver Well-Known Member

rofl ep 1 is absolutely hilarious

7. moranna

moranna Well-Known Member

God awful rapping opening song but not to bad so far, hopefully it will keep this pace up.

8. kevin

kevin RAWR!

I don't like the mandarin mark, Jin's verse was good.

9. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Opening theme is idiotic; the booming rap syncopation may have been a bit more apropos for something along the lines of a race care series. IMHO it's rather a musical mismatch to pair it with a show about law, even if the series is based on an irreverent character like the one portrayed by Kevin Chengs's "LA Law."

On another note, I don't know if TVB has gotten new writers or directors, but their dramatic explosions have improved. The scene in which Linda Chung closes ep 27 of Yes Sir, Sorry Sir and the courtroom scene at the climax of ep 03 in this Ghetto Justice series were probably some of the most memorable moments I've ever witnessed from TVB.

Oh, and Mandy Wong 黃智雯 (who plays Abby Mui KamHeung) is subtle, but she's a hottie, much better looking than Myolie, IMHO.

#9 ralphrepo, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  10. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Everyone looks better than Myolie IMHO

11. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

LOL... That's rather harsh.

But, IMHO, her jaw line is something that's bugged me for the longest. It just looks so unnaturally skinny, like she's almost emaciated.

12. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

^ isnt it coz shes had surgery..??...-shrug

13. moranna

moranna Well-Known Member

It could be surgery, for quite a while now, she had way to much make up on than needed, seems lighter in this series though.

14. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Wtf? I nvr knew she had surgery.. No news on that..

15. jaclam

jaclam Member

not too bad. just need to fast forward when Myolie speaks.

16. kevin

kevin RAWR!

prob when she filmed fatty marriage[i think that's the english name] (fei tin hay see) she gained lots of weight and has affected her appearance.

17. pig771

pig771 Member

I'm actually quite disappointed with this series. I think this series focuses far too much on Kevin Cheng's character's unorthodox practice of law rather than addressing more "real" ethical dilemmas which lawyers typically go through.

This show focuses more heavily on "right's right" rather than "whats ethical" which is the opposite of what i've come to love about law dramas. Lawyers in this show readily "sell out" their clients in order to achieve "what's right" (as evident by myolie wu's character in episode 3 by calling a witness to the stand to be easily ripped apart by opposing council) which was upsetting and angering to see.

This series also had the opportunity to question or otherwise challenge the flawed justice system present in Hong Kong but instead opted to be another typical lowbrow, chinese television series content with silly puns and happily-ever-after story arcs.

Perhaps my expectation were set too high as i was hoping for a chinese television series more akin to "The Practice" which i feel to be a much more "real" and interesting drama.

#17 pig771, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  18. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

I am pretty much enjoying the whole acting especially the guys Kevin Cheng, Sam Lee and the rest and also Sharon Chan. Never like Myolie much so can't say much lol

What I don't like is the crappy storylines and the cocked up general emotions and psychology. Like, when Joyce was in court for the 2nd time coz of the row her and her husband had and that her kids believed everything that was said to them and not just believe their mum like when they believed that she didn't steal the money at the earlier episodes.

It's a shame that Sharon had died, wanted to see a happy ending for her and Sam... So I will be thinking that the sequel won't be as good :(

19. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Good series and unexpected ending. What I'm surprised about is that TVB already planned a sequel for this and I was like hmm that must mean the ending would be good but would be like a cliff hanger sorta thing

20. h0wiie

h0wiie Member

I think Sharon's appearance saved the series. I think she's gotten prettier and her expressions have improved a lot. nothing against myolie wu can't hold it up- myolie's self engaged and boring here. She has more work to do before pulling diva yea.