This series deserves a lot of applause than Beyond the Realm

Discussion in 'Born Rich - 富貴門' started by Valkrezy, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Valkrezy

Valkrezy Well-Known Member

I think this series is a lot better than Beyond the Realm. I think its not cool that Beyond the Realm overshadowed this series because of the award ceremony publicity it is getting. It is really not fair and I think this series should have been broadcast next year, after the ceremony. Totally sad that some people doesn't even know about this series, and they know so much about Beyond the Realm. Also to those that doesn't like old actors and actress, they act way better than the new ones. Everyone here in this series knows how to act, unlike some series with terrible bad actors like Kevin Cheung, Myolie Wu, Toby Leung, Ron Ng, and many more, they are sometimes very bad and crappy with their acting skills. People only like some of them because of their looks. Sheren Tang is such a good actress and TVB doesn't even acknowledge her more than they promote Charmaine Sheh and Gigi Lai... wtf!!!

This series really deserves much more applause than Beyond the Realm of Conscious... especially I don't even know why was this forum made much later than Beyond the Realm of Conscious. This forum doesn't even have a logo... how bad is that!?

2. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

Just because people know how to act, it should deserves more applause or has higher ratings. If the story itself and the development sucks, I don't give a damn watching it. It's the storyline that should attract the audience. Actors/Actresses are like advertising the show itself. I personally think the acting in this one is so-so atm. Ray Lui...seriously he's doing so-so right now. The parts are scattered that it's hard to see who is being focused. Unlike BTROC, okay I know the main focus is on the sisters. Story-wise...still developing, but not as exciting as BTROC, which is more intense and knows how to grab the audience's attention by having cruel scenes such as the attempt to sew the lips. It will attract more see-lais to watch it, it's sth like HOG & MR. To me, Born Rich is just another big family drama thing, starring old actors, old as in both age & years of experience.

3. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Myolie Wu is a good actress, but seems like recently she gets nothing but the damsel in distress type of roles. Ron Ng is decent, but meh, he doesn't look like protagonist material.

4. Valkrezy

I know the story is really important, I left that out. But Born Rich has a pretty good story. Aside from that, compare the actress in War and Beauty, who won out? That was very BS because obviously Sheren Tang did a lot better(Maybe thats just my opinion). Beyond the Realm of Conscious is an Ancient, there would be lots of those intense scene, but overall it got some bad actors, and the scripts do attracts the See-Lai to watch it. But either case this series shouldn't be left out, I just feel that it doesn't have the hype that it deserves, and doesn't have the proper respect it should have. This forum wasn't even made till a week after, makes me wonder how many people actually left out this series. Also hate the fact people don't watch this series because their was old actors, and actress. I mean what is wrong with these people... all they care about is cutey boys, and hot girls. When my friend heard about this series, she goes... ewww I don't want to watch a series with old actors and actress. She loves Ron Ng... and he sucks in acting... "but he is so hot." so messed up!

Myolie Wu is good and bad sometimes, it depends what kind of role she gets. When she angry, she doesn't sound angry at all. When she is happy about something she doesn't seem very happy about it at all, she does good sometimes, but not always. Ron Ng... he looks like a stone sometimes, and he doesn't get me into his character. He doesn't look like a protagonist material as you said, more of a supporting cast but even as supporting cast he couldn't lead the role by a lot. I think he does okay at Rosey Business, but he is really bad few years ago.

5. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

^ i totally agree with you that SHEREN TANG did the best job in the series, WAR and BEAUTY. in fact, she's a great actress. it's damn sad that tvb doesn't appreciate it. we have the gay ass stephen chen as gm, with the conniving virginia lok, and then the manipulative judy/tracy yip .. dunno all the names.

about born rich .. i was looking forward to this series myself cuz of the big old cast - anita yuen, kenix kwok, and gallen lo .. but as the story progresses, it's just get worst and worst over time. ray lui failed miserably playing out his role and jamie chic is just as bad. the storyline is boring.

about myolie .. any and everything about her is BAD. she can't act .. the same with ron, kate, fala, .. they're heavily promoted cuz the homo gm likes them.

6. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

i don't this series is "left out". The cast still attracts many people, esp those who miss actors in the past. And definitely, people are shallow when they just watch it for hot actors/actress or their idols, not even the story. But...that's how it works, idol drama in Taiwan, some of them sucks but why are they still made? Fans and popularity, all about business. I think the cast is only attracting the viewers to watch it. Those who actually watch dramas because of the story are the real audience. Well yeah of course you need a good cast to support your story, too. It's just so far the actors in this one is not doing great, hope to see more as it develops.

KATE TSUI IS NOT HOT AND SHE CAN'T ACT.

7. densha

densha Well-Known Member

I agree to most of what you are saying. This series should be given the same amount praise, if not more, than Beyond the Realm. That series has given more exposure and hyped than this one, that's for sure. It is sort of like HOG in a ancient version -- lots of dramas, crying, jealousy and feud. They sure have a lot of good casts, but definitely not stellar. Michelle Yim and Susanna Kwan are definitely the anchors of BTRoC as they are veterans and always give great performances. As for the younger main characters they are decent at best. Charmaine and Kevin can't act. Tavia is actually not bad but we still have to watch more in order to judge her. Moses has always been good --- his versatility and facial gestures has always been the best abilities for him to adapt into different roles.

As for Born Rich, it's got a pretty stellar cast. I mean, you got Gallen Lo, in an evil role. How great is that? Plus the fact you don't win 3 times the best Actor inv TVB for nothing. He can definitely act. Plus all the other veterans like Ray Lui, Chik Mei Jun, Kenix and Anita are all good actors/actresses. Notice that this story develops more slowly, and its longer... so we are too early to judge it. Don't get me wrong I am a younger guy I still still care not for good looking and idols. If they can't act, then they are shit... I don't care how good looking or how hot they are.

Gallen Lo > Ron Ng + Kevin Cheng + Raymond Lam combined anyday

8. blkperc

blkperc Well-Known Member

i agree that this series deserve more credits than beyond the realm of conscience since most of the actors and actresses have more experience in born rich...but i heard that a lot of people prefer watching BTRC...dunno y...but it doesn't look appealing to me LOL

9. negiqboyz

btrc has such beautiful costumes .. that's enough for some viewers to watch the show including myself .. lol

i think those ancient show is like opera ... you either like it or you don't .. some learn to appreciate it whilst others just prefer the modern type drama. a matter of choice for certain individuals.

10. Valkrezy

I don't dislike ancient show, it is a matter of the script that makes me like it or not. I don't like the new Ancient Series as much as I like them in the past. I really hope they make a good WuXia series, but they don't make any good ones now. This series born rich is not bad, and Ray Lui isn't acting that bad, and Jamie Chik is not bad either. Overall I despise people who idol actors and actress because of their looks, and believe it or not some people actually like Kate Tsui... omfg... she is the worst and she gets to be lead actress for so many of the series. I am so glad Juliane Cheung is back, he is a good actor/singer. Gallen is a good actor/singer too. Have you guys heard Myolie Wu, Kate Tsui, or Charmaine Sheh sing? They are horrible... I think TVB need to hire Dayo Wong to be their CEO, lmao!

11. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Both series have great casts but as for the plot goes and the intensity, Beyond is much better so far. Indeed, I love the costumes as well, the hairstyles are crazy. But the main reason why it's beating Born Rich is the plot, it's just so intense.

12. negiqboyz

i agree with you 100% except ray and jamie .. they're ok for now .. not very outstanding. i don't think tvb is known for wuxia .. more of china/taiwan series.

even though i have been trashing stephen chen for letting ppl like kate, myolie, fala, and charmaine taking leading roles in the dramas or singing despite their ill talent; from a business stand point, he's just doing what should be done to preserve the company. showbiz moves very quickly .. you gotta constantly recruit, train, and retain new bloods that actually attract mass audience/fans to make a profit .. if anyone to be blamed for their popularity, it's not the company, it's those SHALLOW and PATHETIC fans out there who support them. The company is simply catering to the popular demand and $$$. Talent nowadays takes a backseat to look and popularity. Sucks yeah .. just reality.

13. its just a pretty average series right now ...i cant compare it to the other one cause i not watching it at the moment.

14. zeewee

zeewee Well-Known Member

To be honest, I have been waiting for BTROC for so long and never really cared about BR. But in watching the actual episodes, BR is much better at storytelling and acting (although there are some things that can be questioned). I find that when I watch BR, I pay attention to it. With BTROC, I browse the web and sometimes forget to pay attention to what is going on. Charmaine is annoying me and that's bad bc she's the main character!

15. negiqboyz

^ lol i get annoyed by both charmaine and kevin .. lol

16. liquidzyklon

liquidzyklon Well-Known Member

But there's a wtf moment in Born Rich that has not occur in BTROC. In episode 4 at about 15 min, at the golf course when Nancy Sit decides to be an adult baby to cry and make a scene. Some may say it goes with her character but a scene like this just seems very out of place and inappropriate. But that's just IMO.

I watch both series, but prefer the BTROC because it's more exciting.

17. negiqboyz

yeah .. i hate nancy sit in this drama .. she appeared totally out of place and overacting .. did she hang with myolie too much??

18. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Yea, Nancy Sit is just so dramatic with her acting, maybe she's suppose to be that crazy with the over the top personality and acting.

19. trankiet

trankiet Member

this series has some player been disapear for long time , i glad to see them back now

20. rockman3

rockman3 Well-Known Member

Experience actor/actress = BR
    Storyline as for now = I still think is BTRC....
    Maybe it is because there a too many such drama which can be compare to BR such as Drive of Life/At The Threshold of an Era which make this drama so bored to me... (just personal opinion)