The Witness - 木棘证人 (2020)

Discussion in 'Chinese Drama Discussion' started by shinobi, Oct 17, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

English Title:

The Witness

Chinese Title:
    木棘证人

Genre:
    Modern

Producer:
    Leung Yiu-kin

Episodes:

Cast:
    Him Law
    Kelly Cheung
    Willie Wai
    Sammi Cheung
    Wing Tsui
    Pinky Cheung

Synopsis:
    Because of a fatal shooting case, plain-clothes Sergeant Ko Lik-kei (Him Law) runs into a “dull” and “troublesome” witness called Lee Ho-fan (Willie Wai). Lik-kei is instructed to protect Ho-fan at all times. Initially, the duo are strangers that cannot stand each other. They then gradually get along. Meanwhile, an apparel company of which Ho-fan is a major shareholder is found to have involved in illicit dealings. Yip Cheung-lok (Lau Kong) and his son Yip Ming-kwan (Tsui Wing), who are member of senior management, are associated with these activities. Lik-kei teams up with Ho-fan and Ho-fan’s younger sister Lee Chung-ying (Kelly Cheung), who is a barrister by profession, to investigate. Lik-kei and Chung-ying get entangled in a relationship in the process. Also, Lik-kei’s elder sister Ko Wing-yum (Pinky Cheung) and Ho-fan get along sometimes and provoke each other at other times. Fate has brought the foursome together, causing a case that has remained unsolved for more than twenty years to be reopened.

Airing October 19th replacing Go! Go! Go! Operation C9 - C9特工

2. is Willie guy weirdo genius type lol like Mark Ma in that show :lol: (Life after death)

Dont like those chars:john:

Kelly so pretty big upgrade from Samantha Ko :kevin:

3. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

Samantha Ko was hot when she's young like 16-24 years old. Now, there are many younger female casts over shallowing her. I mean she's still good looking just not as

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. story is fresh and funny but i dont like the first pair...2nd pair of Willie and Pinky is better when she went to his company to grade papers like it's homework:bigsmiles:

5. fine like wine :evil4:

• Win! Win! x 1
  6. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Loved her in the My Date with the Vampire Series...

7. queen of cat3 back in the day :shifty:

[​IMG]

8. crasianlee

Oh dang for reals....haha what movies....will need to ask KilaKilaGirl to see if she can upload for us hehe...

9. Raped by an Angel :evil4:

10. KilaKilaGirl

really? Me? I don't really upload cat 3..much

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. crasianlee

Oh yeah I thought she looked familiar haha...

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. KilaKilaGirl

[​IMG]

They said they lived in the third floor but why the English name is second floor?
    TVB is so casual on this design.

• Genius! Genius! x 1
  13. ailyeric

ailyeric Well-Known Member

PM shinobi for cat3 and sextapes!! lol

14. eric62451

eric62451 Well-Known Member

feels like the old guy has some secret related to both Him and Kelly's parents

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I really dislike Him law in this show lol

16. gigantor

gigantor Active Member

That's typical in HK especially for older buildings where in Chinese "1st floor" is actually ground floor, and "2nd floor" is first floor.

• Like Like x 1
  17. itzblanka

itzblanka New Member

Is it me or is Kelly Cheung a terrible actress her acting is very stiff and not natural.