The TVPad Knowledge Center

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by Phantoman, Mar 12, 2012.

1. JVC888

JVC888 Well-Known Member

There are three apps where you can watch live hk channels. After reading the official forum, you can still watch live tvb channel on one of the other apps. I can't check that out for myself, because I am on vacation. I am sure others can confirm that.

2. phucker

phucker Active Member

that is true you can still watch tvb channel, but the lilly app(purp one) usually has better quality and faster load time compare to the other apps :(

3. goofnerd

goofnerd Well-Known Member

I have tried to google the apps you guys mentioned for live tvb, but with no result. Anyone tried to install the apps on another android device?

4. char

char Member

The channels usually come back in a few days.

5. azurenights

azurenights New Member

How many GB downloaded for one hour of live TV Streaming HD/SD

Hi all,

From Aus and because our internet infrastructure is not advanced as the rest of the world, I am not on a unlimited download internet plan. I was wondering if anyone knew how much GB would be downloaded for watching one hour of HD TV? and what about one hour of Standard Definition TV? Thanks.

6. Phantoman

Phantoman Well-Known Member

Well, these are not apk files, but pkg files. Feel free to download the apps from here and see if you can find a way to install them on an Android device: http://tvpadfans.com/thread-4324-1-1.html

Chill man, the same thing happened while I was waiting for my TVPad.

Scroll up and see my previous reply to another Aussie :)

#86 Phantoman, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  7. superhan

superhan Well-Known Member

yepe but from the 3 apps the [FONT=宋体]Lily TV App [/FONT]is the best quality for TVB channels :)

not all the peoples like the 10 sec waiting timing with the pictures from the six dogs and those homo's koala's :smiling:

8. JVC888

JVC888 Well-Known Member

You are right that the best quality tvb channels can be found in the Lily TV app. An user in the official forum reported that some channels in the Lily TV app are now restored. Maybe you can watch the tvb channels again.

9. goofnerd

OK, just ordered 2 unit with discount and the code fpr 30usd for each unit. But you guys also haven't received a confirmation mail? Paypal normally also send a mail, but this time also not reveived.. But is it true that they will call me to confirm??

10. azurenights

azurenights New Member

Just bought a TVPad

Hi all,

I have taken the plunge and bought a tvpad. Now i'm waiting for the phone call to confirm my details. I hope they call!!!

11. goofnerd

They called me :D Spoke mandarin, I ask him can you speak canto? No problem.
    Address is confirmed and he ask me which connection I want to use, hdmi or av. I ask him I get both the cables right? He told me they just set the connection type in the settings. The unit will be shipped within 24hours.
    Only chinese will work till midnight :D

12. Phantoman

You are a true TVPad-holic. Aren't you supposed to be on vacation ? Thanks for helping out though :)

I had problems with receiving e-mails as well to my NL e-mail account, but I did receive the Paypal one though. In my case it seemed like the CN servers were blocking any e-mails sent to my address (maybe I am on some wanted list in China), so I asked them to change it to my GMail account and I was able to receive e-mails from them.

So luckily they defaulted mine to HDMI then. About working till midnight, well it depends how you look at it. I'll be glad to take your money at midnight as well :)

They will they will. I find them quite professional for something which is borderline legal :)

13. goofnerd

Strange, because I'm also use gmail. Anyway, they called me and if I log in my account I can see my order. But about the connection type, you can change it easily in the future by yourself right? And now hope the customs believe it's 50usd.... (haat de douane :D)

14. superhan

superhan Well-Known Member

lol many dutch speakers buy tvpad :)

15. Phantoman

Yes, you can change it easily, but from what I understood you cannot watch from both HDMI and Component at the same time. So I guess if you change it to Component and you do not have a TV with that connection, then you have a problem :)

Well I hope they believe it's 25USD, because if it's above 22 Euros you have to pay taxes if you ordered something outside of the EU!!! So good luck.

You are one of them as well ?

16. ///M

///M Well-Known Member

Phantoman, How can you connect this unit to a TV without the HDMI input?

Where are the component outputs on this unit because I didnt see any of them on the 'official" images, and what about the audio connection if you are going to use the component for video, where is the audio output for this?

17. goofnerd

There is no button on the remote for change output/connection?
    I can use all the connections on my tv, that's no problem, but was wondering why they ask me for that.

I've ordered 2... we'll see.

If you look to the backside photo of the unit you can see one AV plug. It must be a one jacket to video and audio component, thus yellow/red/white.

18. Phantoman

Also see this video that "hawai" referred to in the other thread:

[video=youtube;WgpxBoFrky0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgpxBoFrky0[/video]

19. azurenights

azurenights New Member

How long for call?

Hey guys,

I am seeing responses that you guys have been given calls in confirming the details, I haven't received a call yet, and it has been about 12 hours since I placed the order. Is there anyway I can follow up?

20. azurenights

azurenights New Member

Just got the call, how long do these things take to deliver?