The TVPad Knowledge Center

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by Phantoman, Mar 12, 2012.

1. TsukiiDestiny

TsukiiDestiny New Member

I've been wanting to buy a tvpad after hearing about it online, but I was wondering if it is possible to record the shows especially on tv for the shows playing on tvpad when I'm not there to watch it?

2. Phantoman

Phantoman Well-Known Member

Man, I finally got my TVPad today!!! Wooohoooo!!! I'm quite happy with the results so far. I did have similar functionality in the past through my HTPC in combination with the SopCast links, so it was not too much of a wow factor for me though. Nonetheless it does what it's supposed to do quite well. Furthermore there are a few redundancies for a lot of the channels.

Now if someone can create a nice English guide on how to use that VOD thingie then I'm really happy. I did some random clicks and unlike the person in the Youtube videos my streams start like after 15 seconds or so. So it's not too bad. The only problem for me is that I have no clue what I am clicking on without my lovely Google Translate :) Like where can I find the HD movies or even TVB dramas ?

Oh, and while I was busy at it I managed to find the direct links of 2 channels that I used as my test subjects, but I won't be sharing them (at least not now) since I do not want to upset people ... like "Normal" :) So DO NOT send me a private message asking me to share. Anyway, it's still a work in progress.

In what way ?

Thanks for the update. I might go with an Hauppauge tv/video capture card depending on the results of my project above.

For the random links that I have tried which included one drama episode and a few old movies, I had no problems at all. I recall reading about something similar on the TVPad forum and some people had to provide their IP address in order for them to enable access to VOD ... unless I misunderstood the translation.

The TVPad itself does not contain a recording feature, so you will have to use some sort of external device to record. See "phead128"'s comment above for an idea.

3. superhan

superhan Well-Known Member

look like there is also videos on demand for anime with chinees sub is-i will be worthless for me :p

4. valueair

valueair New Member

Yes, it was mentioned in the TVPad forum.... for people who have problems with VOD, to provide them with their IP address and MAC address.
    They will test it from their end.

5. Phantoman

#25 Phantoman, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  6. stsang75

stsang75 Member

7. robo_tec

robo_tec Well-Known Member

Nice a new thread for TVPAD :D

good jobs guys!

8. stsang75

stsang75 Member

The problem with the Movie app is that it will work for an hour and after that it will not work anymore. I was only able to test mine in the afternoon and both time it stopped working around 4:00 CST. Are you able to consistency use the Movie app without incident? Were you able to use it for more than 1 hour? Anyway, I sent them my IP and MAC address, let see if this will resolve the issue. Thanks for your help.

9. Phantoman

Uhhhh no, because I have no clue how to navigate that thing -huh So I just tested it for like half an hour yesterday.

I find it confusing for someone who cannot read Chinese. You run the app and you can select the category (I guess) just like in the Youtube video. Then you get a list of movies/dramas (I guess) and then when you select one of them you get yet again another list of movies/dramas. What's the idea with that ? Why do you have to select a movie/drama twice ? Then finally you have to select the episode number ??? So any volunteer to create a small step-by-step guide for this app ?

Btw, I have been told today that the TVB stream of the Lily TV app was constantly stuttering during prime time (when they are showing the daily dramas). Anyone else have noticed that ?

Also has anyone noticed the additional apps on the picture of the discount coupon that came with the TVPad ? Is that a sign of things to come or merely a drawing ?

10. stsang75

stsang75 Member

11. CrazyMoFo

CrazyMoFo Well-Known Member

12. stsang75

stsang75 Member

13. CrazyMoFo

CrazyMoFo Well-Known Member

14. Phantoman

15. Phantoman

16. hawai

hawai Well-Known Member

17. km1

km1 Member

I'm going to take the plunge and get one of these TVPad boxes but can someone point me to the legit website. There's a .hk and .us one?

18. phucker

phucker Active Member

the .us one is a scam... do not buy it from there.. either buy it from the .hk one or the ebay link in the first page..

i receive mines from the ebay seller.. email him he will give you discount if you like his facebook page.

About the tvpad iam very impressed with it so far.
    Testing some formats.. it would not play my mkv x264 files.

19. km1

km1 Member

Further question, a pop up box shows up when u go to www.tvpad.hk. Is it a warning that those other sites are not legit? Or i have to buy it from those sites? Google translate failed me here

20. phucker

phucker Active Member

it says that those sites are scams and dont buy from them