The PC Builders Thread

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by kontradictions, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

real fucking clean there.

2. looking real sexy kontra

3. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

Thanks, guys. :)

4. Thinking of getting the 212 for $30.. go or no go?

any rec. for a relatively inexpensive high performance heat sink. Think it's about time I take off that stock fan so my cpu can work less harder lol.

5. ^ if your case is big enough... the corsair h50 actually does a lot, there are constantly deals for it so look out for them

and do you mean... so your cpu can work harder cooler?

6. no.. i ment so it can work cooler harder.. :D

yea.. the h50 was on sale for like $40.. but not anymore. I have a midtower.. antec 902.. should be enough space?

well I think I'll just pass on the h50 since it's over my budget right now.. or will it make that much difference over a heatsink?

also, antec got their 620 does anyone know how that stack up to the corsairs?

7. kontradictions

IMO, you should do it right the first time. Wait for the H50 to go on sale and throw on 2 aftermarket fans and enjoy the results. Don't forget some nice thermal paste as well.

8. The_Jelly

The_Jelly NSFW? :P

I personally like the Noctua NH D-14. It's massive, but it cools extremely well. However, if you are getting the H50 get some aftermarket fans, like kontra said, I'd suggest noctua ones since they're so silent.

9. kontradictions

I'm using 6 Scythe Gentle Typhoons. They push a huge amount of air and are whisper quiet.

10. but damn.. thats extra cash on top of extra cash.. lol.. racks on racks on racks..

well the h60 is only a few dollars more than h50 right now.. bringing it to $70.. and get that $30 fan you were suggesting.. I think that's a bit too much...

11. kontradictions

You don't have to get them right away. They're bound to go on sale again. Just be patient.

12. alright then.. guess i'll skip on the heatsink altogether and wait for the h50 to drop again.. or would the h60 be better?

13. I have not seen what the h60 does... so i can't really comment but the h50 with two fans does enough for you to enjoy it

regarding the case size.... some cases are slightly smaller than they should be (eg. Mine, i need a new case) if you have a bottom mounted PSU bay you should be fine otherwise the radiator from the h50 might be a tight fit...

14. Ugh. Trying to fix my uncle's pc that wouldn't turn on...

Had to disassemble everything to take out this retarded power supply to test...

[​IMG]

Fuck these Micro ATX cases... piece of shit is smaller than a grain of sand... Most of all, fuck HP.. The hell do I get a replacement PSU like this?

15. ^ sad faces.

16. The_Jelly

The_Jelly NSFW? :P

That's definitely a first...

17. FUCKING hell............ Turns out, this power supply is proprietary... And so is the motherboard... It uses the mATX SMALL pin connector, and those power supplies aren't sold in stores. Costs about 80 bucks for a new power supply and I just need 150W... :facepalm:

Can't even swap it into a new case, new power supply because of the fucking "SMALL" pin connector...

fuck you hp... Screwing the population over when a component dies...

18. i say ghetto that shit and wire it yourself

19. thought about the same thing, and had this been my own computer i wouldn't have minded but seeing as it's my uncle's, he'll be like wtf, and just buy a new one