The OLD IRRITATING LADY w/ ACCENT (can't stand her)

Discussion in 'Off Pedder - 畢打自己人 (Best Selling Secrets II)' started by Espresso, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

I know she's popular, but she can't even bite her words clearly.. Sickening and annoying.. Old hag trying to act youthful.

2. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

which one? the popular old/rich lady in the office or the kitchen lady??

3. YingYing

YingYing Well-Known Member

i hate her too..she ruined the first one and now shes ruining this one..i want to strangle her everytime she talks..lol..

4. ultim8camper

ultim8camper Well-Known Member

yh but the old guy is the same .. cant pronounce words properly... but they been acting for very long time .. in china mainland i think .. ow well ... i guess there are annoying

5. yeah it probably cause they spoke mandarin first....

6. lindaabc123

lindaabc123 Active Member

I can't stand that old kitchen lady, she speaks like she know it all and her annoying voice, I fast forward whenever she is on.

7. Espresso

LMFAO.. You guys are cracking me up.

"LOW MUN>> DEEM GUY". shit sometimes the words they say, sound like something else...

Yeah both the OLD GUY + OLD LADY acting like shes 20 years old is sickening. It doesn't seem like a mandarin thing. It could be, but shit.. Its like a LOONG DUO shit.. LOL..

I hate the lady though.. UGGGH..

8. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

I think they purposely put in people that can't really speak Cantonese as a way of engendering hostility towards certain characters. That way, it become much easier to love their opponent, who then becomes your hero. Classic selling of television; establish friction, then give the audience a target. In this instance, the plays her role perfectly. I wonder if the faux Canto accent is faked; dose anyone know?

9. Espresso

her language sucks. but more so she tries to act young when she is not.

in BSS 1, diana vs esther kwan was a decent matchup..

if esther vs teresa mo. that'd rock too.

not a 70 year old vs 40 year od.

10. DaChinaGuy

DaChinaGuy Active Member

actually... teresa is 50 and elaine is 53 so the age gap isnt that large. plus elaine's character is suppose to be 46 whereas teresa's is like mid to late 30's.. so get your facts right :p So its actually teresa who is trying to play a character that is alot younger than her real age. Although she can just about get away with it if there arent too many closeups lol

but yes i agree... i hate elaine's accent and dont like her character much.. but its supposed to be disliked.. after all she is susan... "bad god" - naughty/evil person

11. instantnoodlesXP

instantnoodlesXP Well-Known Member

lol i hate that lady too. Even CBC's can speak better canto than that! The older man is actually bearable, because he has a somewhat more of an agreeable personality.

12. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

you know the kitchen lady that works for teresa's family, used to do cantonese opera, thats why when she speaks canto it has very high pitches lol

as for office old lady, just hate her :p

13. chco115

chco115 Member

i agree, her voice is just so irritating, but i dunt think her acting is THAT bad...

14. Espresso

well, it was just a figure of speech, i dont have time to GOOGLE its exact age lol. but it's good to know, but i could tell that old lady is way over, but she still 'tries'. haha. my context never seemed to declare facts.

15. Espresso

her language, accent is what it is, but it's just irking to me, HK people WILL EMBRACE HER, but HK people w/ MANDARIn abilities will find it no problem. but both in and out, she IRKs me !

16. Nnerak

Nnerak Well-Known Member

old lady in the kitchen rocks.
    she's just not use to acting in modern dramas

17. lebayon

lebayon Active Member

Thank you for charing

18. vangirl86

vangirl86 Well-Known Member

i don't mind her too much. who i can't stand in the beginning was the kitchen lady as well, lol. her acting is terrible! when she talks, she kind of enlongate the words so it sounds like she's singing but worse.

19. yuppo

yuppo Member

i dont mind her. shes pretty funny too

20. kalonjai

kalonjai Member

yup funny sometimes