The Learning Curve Of A Warlord - 大帥哥 (2018)

Discussion in 'Chinese Drama Discussion' started by shinobi, Nov 29, 2018.

1. [​IMG]

English Title:

The Learning Curve of a Warlord

Chinese Title:
    大帥哥

Genre:

Pre-Modern

Producer:
    Tsui Ching Hong

Episodes:

Cast:
    Dicky Cheung
    Sisley Choi
    Tony Hung
    Raymond Cho
    Tsui Wing
    Zoie Tam
    Vivien Yeo

Synopsis:
    During the chaotic Warlord Era, an eccentric soldier has a sudden stroke of luck and is promoted seven ranks to Marshal. He, along with his three silly friends, do all sorts of bizarre things. Meanwhile, externally, three wild warlords are eyeing him like a tiger. Internally, he doesn't know whether any of his three wives are spies. Ultimately, a battle for hegemony unfolds, with shells flying and dilemmas between friends.

Airing December 3rd replacing OMG, Your Honour 是咁的,法官閣下

2. nobody watchng this? lol

dickys acting <3 no one can act like he does

love the monkey king references :D

nostalgic feel seeing him back at tvb

3. nikkyh

nikkyh Well-Known Member

I am, just behind on an ep or two though. So far, better than the legal one it replaced imo

• Like Like x 1
  4. SanGai

SanGai Well-Known Member

For real, Dicky is so charismatic. Anybody else in this role would be a bust, but he makes it work.

It just feels good watching him again. I hope he wins TV king.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

Isn’t it great to hear Dicky sing the theme songs as well??

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

This series is saved by Dicky. Not as memorable as the old ones (of course). But still, definitely a refresher since i havent watch any of his series for SO LONG! Grew up watching this legendary dude.

• Like Like x 1
  7. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

This drama is actually pretty good. HAHA, I expect it to be alright but never expected it to turn out to be this watchable maybe because I haven't watched him in a long time. It's great to see his drama in the new setting. I love his catch phrase. 命注定運難卜三衰六旺好難捉仙灑脫凡人俗犯規和尚吃狗肉陽壽盡落陰谷生老病死乃定局....

• Like Like x 2
  8. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

I went into this drama with extremely low expectations, with that said, I am quite impressed with the storyline. I like the growth of Dicky's and his entourage's character development and it wasn't just a parody with references to Dicky's past TVB portrayals. His growth from small soldier to general is written very well. Out of the three wives, Zoie definitely stood out to me more. I am enjoying this quite a lot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. This series well done with Dicky and few cast like Sisley Choi and Tony Hung. He has the charisma and energy of his role, like this very much. TVB should realize the real form of Dicky.

• Like Like x 1

10. Zoie was a Jpop singer back in the day :kenn:

11. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

Such a good song :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. kirkfarmer

kirkfarmer New Member

Awesome tv serie! I tear and laugh so badly. Very emotive. Finish it within 5 days because I couldn't wait. They rush at the end, otherwise, I think it can goes up to 40 episodes!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Just finished this as well.

Gotta love Dicky. Very charismatic and the role was made for him. As shino said, gotta love the monkey king references throughout the show and his tongue twisters. I don't think anyone could've pull this role off. Would definitely given TV King to Dicky instead of Joe Ma.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1