The Forbidden Kingdom

Discussion in 'Movies Discussion' started by tard_288, Dec 20, 2007.

1. tlnrs

tlnrs Member

the movie looks interesting to me! cant wait to watch it with my friends on saturday =D

2. dmogg29

dmogg29 Active Member

Still haven't saw it yet I am probably gonna watch it on the weekend.

3. orian

orian Member

Just watch it last night nothing really special about this movies and why is there a white kid in the movie

4. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

i will this movie about 2.5/5..........

SO HOLLYWOOD

sometimes its chinese sometimes its english, stick to one por favor

5. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^agreed lol it was pretty cheesy if you know the journey to the west story and your a fan. but the fighting and a jet li/jackie chan collaboration saved it from being crap. Kung fu/martial arts movie fans would definitely enjoy this. And also jackie chan and jet li had some comedic moments.

6. guoshyang

guoshyang Member

dont think its a nice movie.. drop down jackie chan and jet li status to the boy

7. mingming2006

mingming2006 Well-Known Member

its a gd film- from watchin the downloaded version from this site, just hopin when the english version wd come out in the uk...wd wana see that in english 2

8. maplejust

maplejust Member

i wanna see it

9. maplejust

maplejust Member

nice i think

10. maplejust

maplejust Member

its
    nice i think

11. maplejust

maplejust Member

cant wait to see it

12. maplejust

maplejust Member

i cant wait to see it

13. maplejust

maplejust Member

hehehahaha

14. whitenight

whitenight Well-Known Member

I thought the movie was alright. Not the best which was disappointing. It would have been nice if it was a better story. It was cool to see J&J together and I thought Li Bing Bing did a great job. I liked her character the best.

15. Hunterzero

Hunterzero Member

The movie would've been better if that boy wasn't the main character and have both Jackie Chan and Jet Li play as the protagonist.

16. beckham

beckham Well-Known Member

after i watch it
    im totally disappointed....

17. this movie kinda dissapointed me, before i watch the movie i totally didnt knew what it was about, but its pretty clear soon, why this movie dissapointed me?
    well for starters, the movie/story is in general REALLY short, its like "dude goes back in time" "dude learns kungfu" "dudes goes to free monkey" and tadaa movie is over.
    and i dont know if anyone saw this, but didnt this movie reall look a like lord of the rings in some way? and serious at the end of the movie, before entering the castel there was a bridge.. if i only saw that i would really say the birdge look like the one of LOTR.
    and its only 1.5 hours, ive really expected something more of a movie with jacky cheng and jet li in it.
    so i would only give a 5 out of 10 to this movie

18. xam

xam Member

I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially since a lot of the reviews were so negative. However, just because there has been so many other movies about the Monkey King, we may have confused some details. This seemed to be pretty close to what we know about the Monkey King, that he was naughty, created havoc with the other immortals, and in general pretty mischievous. In all, I liked the balance of story and action.

19. lefthanded

lefthanded Member

it was ok...unintentionally funny a lot due to the english dialogue.

20. xena24good

xena24good Member

i saw it ,, it disappointed .. may be caz the main chracter about white man the sotory didnot need it at all ,,
    both jackie and jet are far away from action this time when we compare this action to thier past ,,
    i think jet + donnie succse together in many way than jet + jackie