The first hybrid air car to release in 2016

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by shinobi, Jan 25, 2013.

1. [​IMG]
    [video=youtube;XX1-lEkMhBw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX1-lEkMhBw[/video]

credits: Forbes

2. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Looks cool and brilliant idea! It's like pumping a ball, instead it's pumping the car with 'fuel' to run the car -clapclap Not shabby because if you're driving on a normal road, speed are usually below 30mph

3. robsh

robsh Well-Known Member

i remember this concept when i was still at uni 5 years ago and my lecturer was talking about it
    in principle it should have the least carbon foot print and most hybrid efficient
    currently i think that the powercell for EV is bit too heavy along with that electric motor and the battery need to be replaced after few years
    also for zero emission, charging the battery directly from an external power source, it will take alot of time to charge it
    there is a concept where we can that power from the grid to compressed the air (at petrol station) and have these compressed air be transferred to a tank in car
    transferring this compressed air is like filling petrol to tank
    the mechanical parts for running the car with compressed air should have a much longer life than a battery
    well this is just my theory, I'm not in the vehicle industry, i may be just waffling

4. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

As for the gas tax angle, some revenue proponents are suggesting taxation on total miles driven instead; ie. the more mileage you drive, the more you pay.

In essence, this sounds like a workable solution but, I'm not sure how I would feel about having a highly compressed air tank sitting right next to me. In an accident, compressed air can be explosive if the container that has it entrapped, is ruptured. I get the uncanny fear that one might be driving a potential bomb, LOL...

#4 ralphrepo, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  5. kevin

kevin RAWR!

I never thought about that, but then again, everything is dangerous and that's life lol