The Fearless Car Thread

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by fearless_fx, Mar 24, 2007.

?

2007 Honda Civic Si or Used Infinite G35?

1. Honda Civic Si

82 vote(s)
    35.8%
  2. Infinite G35

147 vote(s)
    64.2%
  1. ralliart

ralliart Well-Known Member

I asked toyota and the basic model with tax and frieght and everything is $42000!! I want one because it's powerful. But the thing is it's only automatic. But i would still buy it. It looks NICEEEEEE.

2. ralliart

Ohh, just a side not. I don't think the EVO X comes in a standard. I think it's all Semi Auto or Tip tronic. Don't know if theres an option though. got this from the auto show in T.O

[​IMG]

3. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

yeah, its going to be paddle shifters, not too big of a deal cuz the technology is really advanced at this point... still, there is something nice about being able to row through the gears yourself and launch with the clutch

4. ralliart

Yah, i know what you mean, its just not the same. You can do alot more with a gear shifter then paddle shifters. But it's still not the same.

here are just some pics I shot from the auto show. Don't remember what some of the concepts are called.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

those are F*ckin hot... another reason why i want to live in a big city... real car shows :p

6. ralliart

those are all the japanese concepts

#46 ralliart, Apr 8, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  7. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

i know what all of them are except for the first toyota one... have nooo idea wtf that monstrosity is lol

8. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

some tank drifting for you all lol... this is where Swedish tax dollars go

[youtube]xhbBWNcV5dA[/youtube]

9. that drifting tank is quite some shit lol i like the use of the canon to control the center of gravity on the tank lol

10. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

this thread is really steppin up..right on..

11. ralliart

That car is in GT4 on PS2. They have it along with some Nike car. lol

12. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

[​IMG]

One of the inevitable aspects of press days during major auto shows is high octane coffee. Internet based automotive journalists tend to spend their show days running back and forth between press conferences and the media center to crank out stories and galleries. In order to achieve the kind of output we do requires fuel, which is often provided by double espressos produced at some of the major automakers show stands or the media lounge.

Along with coffee, we of the Autoblog community also have an appreciation for insanely fast Italian cars. Now the creators of cars that are generally named for various breeds of bulls have also applied their name to a high end espresso machine. Like the motorized variants the Tonino Lamborghini coffee machine, will be built in a limited run of 1,000 units and it won't be inexpensive at a price of about $1750. No word yet on just how fast this machine can fill a demi-tasse.

[Source: Lamborghini via Winding Road]

The Lamborghini Coffee Maker. I am curious as to it's horsepower output.

----------------------------

+ Check out this link to see how a Bugatti Veyron should be washed. The detailing costs in the 5 figures and the detailer uses 12,000 canuba wax. this is hot, its like seeing a supermodel in the shower.

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=4618

just a glimpse.. the before and after shots
    [​IMG]

and 78 steps later
    [​IMG]

*i think it was worth the money -clapclap *

13. urgh.. check out the EvoX WRC.....

EDIT: for some reason.. i cant link pics...

Attached Files:

14. ralliart

Doesn't that thing have like 2 V8's and 4 Turbos and Tops out somewhere at around 400 Kph.

15. WWWHHHAAATTT?!?!?!? THE EVO?!?!?! noooooo

youre referring to the veyron? yea lol

16. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

the detailing job for that veyron costs 3 times as much as my Integra lol

17. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Abt Sportsline, the winning DTM racer and largest tuner for VW group cars, has released renderings of its Abt R8, an ubercoupe meant to challenge Maranello's F430, Porsche's 911 Turbo, and it's own cousin, the Lamborghini Gallardo.

Under the carbon fiber hood installed to lighten things up and maintain optimal weight distribution, Abt has bolted a supercharger onto the 4.2L V8 to scare up another 110 hp, for a final tally of 530. Four-wheel-drive through 20-inch wheels will blast it from 0-62 mph in 3.9 seconds and all the way to 197 mph -- the kind of catapulting that would be sure to peel the gold and burnt copper paint jobs right off those renderings. The monster will even come with an adjustable suspension (height, pressure, and rebound) so you can be just as comfy pulling into the valet as you are at F1 speeds.

To keep the ballistic Bavarian on the ground, the Abt R8 gets a restrained-yet-brutish front air dam, a new rear diffuser, sculpted side skirts, and an "extravagant" rear wing. Cosmetically, specially-designed sideblades accentuate the car, and as if that rear wing wouldn't be enough to let people know you're not cruising in any ordinary Audi, quad tailpipes are inclined at the corners of the revised rear end. The car will be available in autumn. The pics are available right now. Feast.

[Source: Abt Sportsline]

superhot... its gonna give the RUF built porsche 911's a run for their money

18. damn nice posts on the cars =\ too bad i aint rich enough to afford any of them driving an 01 accord only...

19. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

Some new pics of the Civic Type R... agh its so hot

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. omg... that shit better be coming to canada.. im buying this over the evoX and the 08 wrx anyday..