The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by shinobi, Sep 5, 2015.

1. [​IMG]

For some it may be classed as 'three-timing', but in one Chinese city having three girlfriends is apparently seen as the norm.

One man from the city of Dongguan, in China’s Guangdong province, has even told media it would be “embarrassing” to have only one girlfriend.

The polyamorous attitude is down to a huge gender imbalance in the city.

The population disparity is reportedly 89 men for every 100 women because local bosses in Dongguan - a centre for manufacturing - shun male employees for more reliable female workers.

One man told local TV, according to News.com.au, it was easier to find a girlfriend than a job in the town, while factory worker Li Bin said: “I have three girlfriends, and all of them know about each other. Many of my friends also have many girlfriends.”

The situation was “very normal”, according to Xiao Lin,MailOnline reported.

“Young and beautiful factory girls are everywhere. They’re simple and easy to get along with, why not have several?”

“It would be too embarrassing for someone to have just one girlfriend. Everyone will laugh at him,” he said, adding it was an acceptable activity for people when they were young.

Many men in Dongguan have odd jobs and casual work and consequently, the women will pay for their way, mirror.co.uk reported.

A Yi, who is unemployed, said: “There are plenty of women in Dongguan, and they don’t want any money[​IMG]. They just want a man.”

The online newspaper reported that the Guangdong Women’s Rights and Information[​IMG] Service said the women ignored the partners because the arrangement was better than being lonely.

credits: independent.co.uk

2. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

For China, this is rather unusual as it's generally the other way around. Historically, because of the 30 plus years of the One Child Policy, the World Health Organization estimates that, in terms of absolute numbers, missing Chinese female births would be the equivalent to the population of Europe. Of course, that's not to say that regional anomalies can't exist. In this instance (the story above) it seems that economic drivers have compelled more females to congregate in one locality. While it may be to the benefit of the men in that location, social scientists predict that overall, up to 30% of Chinese men would never find wives unless they seek them abroad. In fact, many have already done so, bringing home brides from poorer places like Viet Nam.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

Sounds like Dongguan is the place to be - 3 women supporting and serving the MAN. :chowthumb:

The women understand they are sharing with 2 others? Living together in a single roof? How about 4some?
    ahh .. so many questions, so little answers.

4. iksxc

iksxc Well-Known Member

You took the words right out of my mouth. We need more places like Dongguan!! :lol::lol:

5. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

NEW ANNOUNCEMENT... I won't be updating DA for a few weeks... Need to move to Dongguan. :wave:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Isn't this the same place as that empty mall?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

ralphrepo

Yep, exact same location. A man can barely stand a woman's shopping spree, let alone 3 times :kelefe: Maybe that's why it's a dead mall

8. hoyeah!

hoyeah! Well-Known Member

I will see you there. :yes::lol::lol:

Dongguan use to be a paradise for men until the Chinese government started shutting down all the KTVs, saunas & massage parlours over the past few years.
    Many of the women that use to work at these places have no job so most ended up working at factories to make ends meet.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Dang....is all I have to say, should be a great tourist spot you would think then :p

10. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

I'm already there, but I can only get 2 for now:happy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Sherry

Sherry Well-Known Member

Damn, that is so unfair:angry: :@ >:(:spank: in all point of views!

12. b-lee

dont hate :p

• Like Like x 1
  13. man f*!k that.... one girl is enough troubles :rofl: hahahahaha

14. Sherry

Sherry Well-Known Member

Lol One girl is already ma fan.....and u wanna get 3? 3x the troubles...Also, you need to treat them 3 times more! U cheap ass still want to have 3 gfs? :lol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. b-lee

i'll set standards low and cut a happy meal burger into 3 pieces :shifty:

• Genius! Genius! x 1
  16. Sherry

Sherry Well-Known Member

:facepalm2:LOL omg u totally win :happy2:Cheap Ass King trophee belongs to u:thumbsup3:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. amano.ai

amano.ai Well-Known Member

How could you imagine something like that ??? :hmm:
    I agree with Sherry, you're so cheap...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. b-lee

eating too much is not good for you :buba: :xd:

19. Sherry

Sherry Well-Known Member

Just assume you are cheap that's it:slap2: