The best mp3 player with about 80-120gb capacity

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by sleno, Jun 22, 2009.

1. sleno

sleno Member

hey there,

i'm looking for some help. I'm trying to find a good mp3 player that has about 80-120gb worth of capacity. I know that there is the ipod classic, but i've read that it has got some audio issues and such. Also, i'm not a big fan of iTunes. I know many of you say that iTunes is really well, but i really prefer click and drag. The iTunes will convert all my songs to folders i don't really want and need. and many of my songs won't list in order in iTunes, so i'm looking for alternatives. If there's really nothing else, i wouldn't mind going for the classic and giving it a try, but i really like to find alternatives. Please help.

2. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

There's always the Zune from Microsoft. I have never tried it ... mainly because I never had the need for mp3 players.

3. if u dont want an ipod then get a zune.

4. zune it up, seriously its really the only "real" competitor against the ipod... totally dumb..

5. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

maybe a cowon or archos? i think both doesn't offer up to 120gb though -unsure zune is 80 or 120 :p

6. Sponge_bob

Sponge_bob Well-Known Member

IPod is the best of all choice . Dunno about Zune . Never interested in microsoft products.

7. sleno

sleno Member

could any of you explain your experience with zune?

8. The_Jelly

The_Jelly NSFW? :P

If iTunes is the only thing thats really holding you back in buying a ipod classic then I would suggest you use mediamonkey to organize and sync your music with the ipod.

9. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

zune if you don't like apple

10. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

Is there any particular reason why you need it to hold that much data? Even if you're listening to lossless audio, 120gb is a ludicrous amount of space for music.

11. stop talking fanboy, why is the ipod the best, youve never used a zune either.

i have a zune 80, its a good mp3 player, better screen than ipod and longer lasting batteries, on top of that you can open the zune easily and change the battery, when the ipod battery dies thats pretty much it and that may happen witin a year if you use it much

MP3 players are really mp3/mp4 players so they tend to have movies and video on them along with photo albums. though it has a large capacity you dont ever want to use it all, its allways best when you can put whatever you want on there and there still be plenty space imo

12. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

+space for p0rno-cool

13. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

From the sound of it, he doesn't really seem to be interested in video so that rules one of the big space eaters. Unless he's going to be transporting software around on his mp3 player, there really is no reason to buy something that large for audio and image files.

14. sleno

sleno Member

haha guys, i may use it as a hdd to upload pxrn, or put other videos in it, but that wasn't exactly the main reason. The thing is, I own about 70 to 80 gb of music =P haha.well, after discussing with a frend, i came to the conclusion that I'd go for the ipod as it seems a tad better. But now the question, taking in size, functionality and price, touch or classic 120?

touch: a bit bigger, but much more functional, comes with a price tag
    classic: big (though thin i'd have to say), straight music, much much cheaper.

What'd you say?

15. BigM

BigM Well-Known Member

Classic is alright at videos; For the Touch, there's the added novelty of apps which I find a good and bad thing - fun but its bad for procrastination. Videos do look excellent though on it IMO. If you're going to use your MP3 for music primarily, get the Classic.

There is also the Archos players that does offer up to 160 GB.. But that was like a year ago and I haven't been checking the DAP market since then.

Just a Q... do you really listen to 80 Gb worth of music? Or do you just like having the music there and having the ability to listen to it when you feel like it?

16. The_Jelly

Plenty of people hoard music. It would take you weeks to listen to all that music, but its always nice to know that you have a wide variety music to listen to whenever you want.

17. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

do they have ipod touch with 120gb capacity? i thought just ipod classic

18. The_Jelly

The touch only goes up to 32 gb. It would be really expensive to have a touch 120 gb...imagine if you dropped that lol.

19. sleno

sleno Member

you might not believe it, but i do. I own a sony 8gb mp3 player at the moment, and a lot of times i just cannot take the fact that my music is limited and i cannot play the type of music i feel like playing. That's why i want to get a big one. 8 is too small, 16 probably as well, 32 touch is waaaaaaaaaaaay too expensive. in uk 280 pounds for a 32 touch? so i was thinking for the classic, but i want to be convinced i'm buying the correct thing.

20. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

lol all jokes aside don't worry man i understand i have well over 100gb of music on my comp too hehe..... i think 32gb flash mp3 is like 200 bucks now though although of course its not ipod or zune haha (but you can expand with sd and probably add 16gb for about 30 bucks). i don't really think you have to carry 80gb-120gb of music with you unless you going on a long trip to the middle of nowhere but then your library would be prehistoric and the battery would die before you go through that much music haha.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

example there 64gb flash player for 270