The Aussie Thread

Discussion in 'Random / Offtopic' started by honkiebonkie, May 27, 2007.

1. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

Skanked up where you can only last 4 minutes ROFLMAO :xd:

2. :slap::slap:

:facepalm:

3. reno

reno Well-Known Member

3:59 longer than u?
    :p

4. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

nah, that melboourne people, I last 2 hour

5. dragong87

dragong87 Well-Known Member

so chinese new year is coming up... are there any places in syd to get firecrackers?

6. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

7. dragong87

really? im going there tomorrow maybe for the festival.. lol
    any shop in particular maybe? pm? lol

8. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

don't know exactly, just ask around lol

9. dragong87

10. BigM

BigM Well-Known Member

anyone aussies have or know people that have karoake systems in their homes????

11. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

hi-fi system and DVD player with mic input? lol

12. BigM

BigM Well-Known Member

hmm we are thinking of getting something like what they use at k places..

like the software. touch screen the whole set

13. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

invite me and flames over k thx bai

14. reno

reno Well-Known Member

u just need a mixer, mic system, and a normal pc
    you can buy the software (from china/hk)
    alternatively download the freeware versions (and you can just link them to the files)

remember the good old days, with the vcds... just rename the .dat files to mpg and you're done

i have that set up (or had - since i'm no longer at home)
    if you want touch screen - just buy a cheap monitor and the touch screen panel to go on top (cheaper than an actual touch screen monitor)

alternatively, u can run something like MCE and use the remote, run windows with dual screen so that the selection is on one screen, and shows the video on the other

15. BigM

BigM Well-Known Member

thanks for that reno :). that was something we were looking after. my dad was in HK recently and he saw a system like that - touchscreen + mixer + mike + pc. Te disadvantage was that he had to haul it back here.. and it was quite heavy.

we have looked around in sydney and have come across one shop that do the same thing as well - the whole system would set us back about 2 k (mixer + mike + 30 k songs with availiability to update songs - 10c per track) ~. except it wouldnt be in English completely - but it does look something similiar to what they use at like.. big echo and mizuya etc etc.

I think we would prefer a set up something like that... instead of using a dual screen and what not. We used to use K with vcds etc.. but that was ageess ago :p.

did you do yours here? or buy the set up in hk/ china and then bring it over?? I have a friend's relative that did something like that - just sounds so.. annoying haha.

16. reno

reno Well-Known Member

well since im not in syd ... i kinda gave up after a while... LOL

i tried to experiment with a few different options (my friend ended up buying one of the software - but it wasn't the one at bigecho etc). more of a chinese one. worked decently, but song wise, had to have it in a certain format

since i got lazy
    the easiest way was dual screen, and have windows explorer list out all the songs (from the vcd... just copy that to hdd locally and rename).
    teaching parents to use windows media player was probably the easiest =P
    all u have to do is click add to playlist... hahahah

mixer - u can get any mixer so long as there decent input and allows for mics
    buy a pair of wireless mics
    connect pc to mixer using appropriate cable (3.5mm to x - depending what the mixer allows)

simplest and cheapest option i think... becuase u can make the pc as small/big as u want, and it doesn't need anything fancy. use your old desktop (that's what ive been doing)
    monitor - wait till sales

either way you need a dual screen, so to speak? looks nicer anyway... =P
    hehehe

i did like the windows MCE for a while, had the previews etc and u could use the remote - could program the remote to do what u want as well
    but yeah, after a while - its just too much effort LOL
    i just end up going out to k (more of an excuse to drink... hahaha)

17. Yo.... any aussies here can, at a high level, fill my in on what triggered Rudd to quit Foreign Minister and challenge the red head for the Labour leader role?... I was in HK, didn't hear much and then come back and all this shit about the Labour party..... such a political disgrace...

18. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Basically a few in labour were talking shit about rudd and gillard didnt defend rudd, then rudd rage quitted, probably sitting in backbench or moving to independant or something

19. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

rumoured that rudd will get sack once he comes back from Washington DC