The Apple iPhone

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by shinobi, Jan 9, 2007.

1. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

I am going to cry in 3 sec. Why Rogers?! I probably will buy the phone and go with Fido, or even Bell :p

2. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

iphone is gsm and rogers is the only gsm carrier

3. good. if i find myself an iphone on the floor or in the garbage, i can use it.

but i will NOT buy one. i dont like it.

4. crucif3x

crucif3x Member

Wow... Roger... great now i'll never get the iPhone... Rogers locks you in so badly...

5. Knoctur_nal

i'm sure once it hit the market u can get it unlocked..

6. tonkachi

tonkachi Well-Known Member

i think the phone is kinda crapy...and yes the stats maybe nice like the touch screen and the ability to store a ton of songs on it or the ability to take pictures on it...but your more than likely going to buy the phone to use its multimedia capbilities more than anything else....and yet apples locks the phone in last gen technology preventing you from using its full capabilities.

The phone is built with a 2.5G background, when many areas are going toward the 3G spectrum....so what does the 2.5G mean to the average users? it means slower up and download speed with no possibility of upgrading to a faster connection unless of course u spend more money to make it go faster.

Why spend money on technology that is old and being replaced already? I think the american tech industry, especially the cell phone realm and the FCC who really need to realize that we are in the 21st century and not the 20th century

Just a little food for thought....have u guys ever wondered why we never get those really kick ass/kool phones to america?

Its not cuz the companies don't want to bring the phones in but its because the government won't let them bring those phone in...don't ask me what exactly is all the red tape that they ahve to deal with but it must be a lot cuz not many neato phones every make it to america

#107 tonkachi, Jan 25, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  7. robsh

robsh Well-Known Member

beautifull
    gimme gimme gimme
    its gonna shit lot expensive
    especially here in london
    ya know that they r gonna sell the PS3 in UK £120 MORE EXPENSIVE that the US
    screw that if u want

8. netaddict

netaddict Member

iPhone

Defintely gonna get it when it comes out although the price is kinda steep.. lol... gah why?

9. hiake

And by the time iPhone hit Canada, it will probably be the 2nd Gen iPhone, no?
    LOVES the phone, HATE the carrier :(

10. kongee

kongee Member

I want one but too expensive. but most likely with Rogers, the 3 year plan will make it much cheaper.

is apple still being sue right now for using the name iphone?

11. hiake

I kept on thinking it's a marketing stunt, simply cannot believe Apple making such a grave mistake.

12. what is apple thinking..

[​IMG]

13. gamer123

gamer123 Well-Known Member

I would definitely get the iphone, if it wasn't that expensive lol. I mean we are mainly paying for the name.

14. we... whos we.

15. Knoctur_nal

i'm happy that verizon killed the apple deal...

16. LOL iphon shuffle.. ahahaha.... randomly dial emergency numbers.. you won't know if you might call up an Asian or a Mexican... xD

Life is random....

Verizon gonna come out with some bad ass phone to compete

17. MrKhmaiKhmai

MrKhmaiKhmai Member

Man i dont even know whats the big deal with the iphone it doesnt even look that great. And i already hate ipods anyway

18. Knoctur_nal

i kinda like the look.

19. it's simple sleep.. thas what they always go for...