Thank and Hide Function on

Discussion in 'Site Info, Rules, Feedback, and Announcements' started by b-lee, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Even if they thank and unthank.. i THINK you still get the notification that someone thanked you. No?

~~

On a side note.. im not sure if its suppose to be like this or not.. but as sakky101 said.. when i clicked thanks for HappiBoi's Big Boys Club thread.. whenever he edits it and put new links.. it becomes hidden again. So i have to unthank, and thank again to see the new links.

2. Wessonsk

Wessonsk New Member

Sounds good.

3. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

I can disable unthanking, but what I'm concerned with is the edit->rethanking bug. Can't seem to reproduce it with hadouken. Will try with a regular account tmr.

4. sakky101

sakky101 Well-Known Member

If it helps I can tell you which threads that I seem to have this re-occurred to me a lot. The 2 that I know that I had problems with is are All Star Glam Exam and Dine With May.

5. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

I believe this hasn't been fixed yet. As I see same members thanking on the same thread when I'm sure they thanked me before.. but because I edited my post they need to click thanks again. Please fix this and disable unthank. Cos I know alot of members here like to lurk around the DL section.

6. Phantoman

Phantoman Well-Known Member

I haven't been here for the last 5 months or so ... can someone confirm that the old "archive" bug has already been reported ? For example if you go to http://www.dramasian.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-39783-p-3.html you will be able to see the URL in my penultimate post which is supposed to be in a hidden section. Just to be sure I tried this in a different browser (Chrome as apposed to IE) where I was not logged into PA.

7. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Things that are in the [HIDE] function before the update wont take into effect. So you'll have to edit & save again in order for it to "Thank to See Hidden Content"

8. Phantoman

There was an update after "05-28-2011, 10:59 PM" ? That's when I made that post and I have edited it last week "Last edited by Phantoman; 1 Week Ago at 09:19 PM."

9. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

^ Oh. then no.

Doesn't work with Download section. Archive doesn't even go there i think

10. Phantoman

Uhhh, admins ??? Any one there ???

11. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

We stepped out for lunch. Check back in 3 weeks.

12. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

^ well it is summer break *sigh* -whistle

13. b-lee

You have to go into advance edit for hide to work in old posts. The parts where you hid are hidden now.

14. Phantoman

Lol, your summer is a bit early and your lunch a bit too long :)

If I go to the archived page (http://www.dramasian.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-39783-p-3.html) I can still see my URL (sop://117.135.141.178:3920/546) in the post dated "05-28-2011, 10:59 PM". Mind you, I am logged in to PA using IE at the moment and I am checking the archived page with Chrome (so not to make a fool out of myself like last time).

Or am I missing something here (again) ? I just found the archived page using a Google search, so non-members can see the hidden sections while members can't.

[HIDE]Testing[/HIDE]

Check the above hidden section without logging in:
    http://www.dramasian.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-66092-p-1.html

15. b-lee

Don't think that's fixable. Guess you gotta live with it :p

16. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

We take no breaks here.

17. Phantoman

Ok, so here I am again with our favorite topic ... I would like to understand this better so I can sleep better at night ... but what is the purpose of the Archive pages ? ... why can't these Archive pages be disabled ? ... that should solve the problem no ?

18. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Archive pages are the text-only version of PA, so you wont have to load all the fancy fonts, buttons, images, vids etc.

19. nikes_my

nikes_my New Member

20. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

^ b a n....-whistle