Textbook ddl online

Discussion in 'School Work Help' started by Tony, May 8, 2009.

1. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

^ yes the lecturer will refer to certain pages.... but the contents may be similar to other textbooks
    this year my lecturers didnt really recommend a specific textbook for us and allowed us to feel free to choose which ever textbook suits our fancy

2. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

Not if the school brought the copyright from the author to photocopy books

3. The_Jelly

The_Jelly NSFW? :P

Someone's taking the moral high ground... Anyways, sometimes book's just get too expensive and not everyone has their parents paying for their post-secondary education. Every dollar counts.

4. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Most teachers want you to get the latest edition because it's $$$ for the school. Especially those "special edition" textbooks.

5. play_dead

play_dead Member

It depends what subject related textbooks are you looking for. Maybe you should give us the name of the book and perhaps we can help u look for it?

6. joekdo

joekdo Active Member

There's actually a site called [HIDE=20]www.coursemart.com[/HIDE] that sells digital copies of popular textbooks, directly from the publisher.

They're usually around 60-70% less than new textbook pricing, and you can resell digital copies; and, this is totally legal =)

Otherwise. its a bit of a tough search.

7. yuenfive

yuenfive Member

Found sites for ebook and audiobook torrents, Just gotta be patient, google it with the name follow by torrent and different sites come up

found demonoid ok for audio
    found myanonamouse ok for ebook and audio

8. dom88_rx7

dom88_rx7 Well-Known Member

textbooks are def hi priced n ppl like me can't afford to buy. but there's always the way by photostating those books. wat is more concern about is to get the sample ans of the exercise inside the book

9. monkey207

monkey207 Active Member

You can try exchanging textbooks with your friends. That's what I do, so I really only buy like 1 book per semester.

10. kelea

kelea Member

Try 4shared.com - I've found a few of my textbooks from this site.

11. wazesz

wazesz Active Member

its also illegal to download ebooks, mp3, movies, etc ..lol

12. maumau

maumau Active Member

photocopy and having a copy in hand is much better than reading on the computer.. its soo tiring.. and u can highlight and write notes on the way when u are reading

13. imket

imket Active Member

theres a site called bookdepository, they sell books for really cheap~

14. Woody

Woody Well-Known Member

Well, if you print all the pages out from the computer, it's probably cheaper than buying the textbook ;)

15. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

It's a preference

I won't read novels and shit on a computer, but reading technical stuff is a bit different

I do prefer print more than half the time but hey, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$