Textbook ddl online

Discussion in 'School Work Help' started by Tony, May 8, 2009.

1. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

where can i download textbooks online?

2. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

^ i never heard that you can download textbooks, are you really that poor to even buy second hand book?

3. clevergurl55

clevergurl55 Well-Known Member

^ well honestly, second hand books are cheaper then first hand but they're still 40,50, 60 +. I don't htink there's a specific website that youcan download books from. But if you're lucky you may be about to find a pdf version of your book online...IF

4. gawain187

gawain187 Well-Known Member

It is possible to download text books online, depends which one you need and if it is popular.

The only problem is finding them.

I have downloaded a few. The file types you can get are pdf, doc, chm and djvu

A site that I use to download is
    [hide=60]
    [Click me]
    [/hide]

#4 gawain187, May 8, 2009
    Last edited: May 8, 2009
  5. bbgirlsum

^ i prefer the books coz they end up helpful when you need to take it around everywhere with you and no need to waste printing ink :)

6. Natsu

Natsu Well-Known Member

download textbooks?? never heard of that. i usually just borrow books from the library and order journals from the British Library or whatever its called and it gets sent to me. dont charge me, they charge my department :D

7. pingsoon

pingsoon Member

Textbooks can be downloaded in electronic format - called ebooks. Make a google search for the book you want plus "ebook" keyword.

8. Snowwhites

Snowwhites Well-Known Member

If only. That'll be so COOL! Thanks.

9. camospartan

camospartan Well-Known Member

You could get photocopied books lol

10. hanimous

hanimous Member

You can borrow them from your friends. =)

11. spider-man

spider-man Well-Known Member

It's illegal to photocopy books.

12. clevergurl55

clevergurl55 Well-Known Member

try searching for the torrent of the book you want. If its a popular book it might be there , if not...better to try a second hand store...

13. Justx

Justx Member

dont be cheap with ur education. get the physical copy

14. MSIE

MSIE Member

Find Ebooks? =]

15. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Found a decent site since I started this topic

http://www.gigapedia.com

Why pay for books when you don't have to? School already make you pay for the LACK of education you're getting. Save a few bucks. Rob those niggas back. Fuck the system. Some schools just have them make you purchase the book when it's not even used. You know why? More $$$$ for them.

16. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

I do intensive google searches and use my connections with other people in my faculty. If you look hard enough you can find a couple of books. So far I have found electronic copies for all my math textbooks.

Another key method of saving money is to wait on buying textbooks for a week or so to get a better idea if you will need it or not. Or you could buy them and not open them so you can refund them later. That's what I normally do. I've only bought textbooks with a price of over $30 for 3/6 of my courses this term.

Also try this site: http://www.cramster.com/

They have a number of solutions for selected textbooks. I personally have never used it, but I've been told its pretty a useful studying tool.

I don't know where you live, but over here books are freaking expensive. I've spent up to $120 for a courseware pack, which is just a binded book of photocopies from selected textbooks. Second hand books are a great option, but still pretty expensive... My second hand math textbooks go at around $80, chemistry $70, physics $80, and so on.

17. bbgirlsum

I'm genuinely serious that I have never heard of online textbooks over here in the UK.. we have online resource books for the textbooks being used and the website supplies updates and extra info...
    An average textbook is £30 - £40 (averagely $60 USD) depending what you get....
    I have learnt my lesson from last year that I never really touched the textbooks that I do use so this year I only bought one which we do use and all the rest I take it out from the library or photocopying chapters that I need which is like 4p (6 cents) per page... I'm mean you library should supply quite a bit of selection for you textbooks anyways

Could you not advertise surrounding your college that you wanna buy books form those who have already studied what you had? That's why my uni supplies now, a marketplace on the intranet so we can sell off our books cheaper than the newer edition (like almost by half)

18. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

the thing is, teachers always want you to have the latest edition -.-.......& u can't find the ones u want all the time, i hate how i brought my texts this semester n' only literally flipped 4 of them for real...i hate reading massive contents......those fucking textbooks.......:rl:

19. bbgirlsum

^ thats why don't take it in, it's for your own reference + not everyone prefers that particular textbook dat was recommended

20. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

^its required pretty much, depends on what course, the teacher can refer the specific page, content, material, whtever on the text, its best to get it before they tell us for cheaper price (get it online than buying it in retail price in our bookstore), its risky, too, like when i dont have to use it...i learned my lesson :D