Terra Nova

Discussion in 'Hollywood Entertainment' started by bbgirlsum, Sep 29, 2011.

1. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;RoI6NDblT84]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoI6NDblT84[/video]

Source: IMDB

As usual I'm flicking through a torrent site and found this new series.

Amazingly I LOVED it considering I do like films with dinosaurs (as long as it has good storyline and good CGI if it's real life). Not a lot takes my fancy with the new drama series coming out, so I'm pretty pleased to have discovered it.

2. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

They been promoting this series for a few months and I like the story and plot so far but from ratings it's only got 9million viewers... not a really great start, so I don't know if they can last. I hope it does cause I'm enjoying the series so far.

3. person

person Well-Known Member

I haven't heard of this. Sounds pretty interesting though, will definitely check it out. Thanks for sharing.

4. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

jurassic park the series eh

5. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

^ you know you want to Knoc :shifty:

6. Kent Ngan

Kent Ngan Member

Think that this series is very good and the ending leaves a lot to continue with, hopefully the TV company will renew this series for another season as the last time I read they have not decided yet.

7. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

The idea is so lame. Humans go back 85 millions years ago, and use the same modern concepts that destroyed the planet to begin with. So, in essence, they will destroy their forebears, thus themselves even before they're born. Hence, by going back into the past, they'll only annihilate their beginnings. It's one of those impossible paradox time contradictions meaning that they can no longer exist. But, I'm sure there's angst and frictions and soap opera bullshit to keep the ratings up.

8. Though I agree with your stance, I think the one constant in the equation that ultimately annihilates the human race is none other than the human being itself. They can start again with new concepts, but the one constant that remains is the human nature, the need for greed, the need for power. With that said, this does seem like a cool action flick.

9. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

i think it's better than the walking dead...More cases and more actions. Again, it's not that WD aint good, just not as good, imo.

10. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Well, the truth is, Terra Nova does have a lot in common with Walking Dead (which scientifically cannot exist either if one reviews functional muscle physiology). With either example though, these are cases of human unpredictability within the social genre (ie. the original seven deadly sins, if you will) that is then overlaid onto a new "concept" and dished out to viewers. Whether one likes or dislikes the serving depends a lot on personal fantasy taste. But in fact, this is essentially formulaic story telling of the "us versus them" format; how we either band together as a goal, or fall apart and are individually picked off, is the accepted human social routine. Whether one is ultimately dispatched by a nazi grenade, barbarian ax, dinosaur or zombie bite is frankly inconsequential. How a viewer prefers one over the other depends greatly on tastes and and our own personalities. People can argue till the cows come home about which is 'better' but in fact, they're only arguing about their own personal tastes. Both shows IMHO, are entertaining, each in their own way but are also lame too; their fans obviously are willing to be forgiving and ignore their inaccuracies but be critical about shows that don't strike their personal fancy.

For me, I tend to gravitate toward the zombie blight stories simply because the genre is so well known historically (White Zombie [1932] was first, but the genre really took off after Night Of The Living Dead [1968]). Time travel is a great concept, but it hasn't really captured the public imagination as much (well, unless you're a young girl in China that is, LOL). For the record though, I also pointed out the lameness (impossibility) of the whole zombie concept in another thread.

#10 ralphrepo, Feb 21, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012