Tech News

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by Knoctur_nal, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

i know eh

-----------------------

-Bloging..so apparently this is gettin quite popular...even more so than news papers. It seems society is quite interested in what random ppl have to say..about anything..as these bloogs can range from cheese to politics. Do you blog?..i know msn offers free bloging..hmph...
    -Seti...not new..but anybody uses it. Its basically an app that kicks in when ur pc is in sleep mode or not being used by a user and the idea is that through the internet all pcs that use seti are networked and all the processing power of these pcs are put to the serach for ufos. (http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/)...search for ufo..pointless somewhat..but there are other versions out there that are used to find a cure for cancer.
    -P2P....we all know and use em..but careful now...you never know what you willbe getting. However, what p2p app do you use and how do you find it?
    -well...for all u cell lovers...this is quite interesting....Nokia Releases N91 Mobile Phone w/Hard Drive 4GB, Blue tooth, WiFi & USB 2....http://www.nokia.com/nseries/...hmph....
    Knoc

#21 Knoctur_nal, Apr 29, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2005
  2. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

ok.. the nokia one yea.. but the first three? thats news? dont you think its a bit outdated?

3. Knoctur_nal

yeah...nutin new for now....there is news...but not relevant to the crowd here..although..on another note...the 64 what not is already on the market...intel and microsoft already has a 64 editions windows out...interesting....

4. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

cant wait for long horn. although it was annouced that the recommended system requirements included 2 GB of RAM

5. Knoctur_nal

yeah..i don't think i'll be doing that upgrade to lh for a hell of a long time...

6. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

thats what microsofts idea of an average PC is. but it should run fine on 256

7. Knoctur_nal

Attached Files:

8. Knoctur_nal

XBOX 360!!!!!!!
    http://pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,120842,00.asp
    apparently launched last nite on mtv....
    "Powered by a custom-made IBM PowerPC-based three-core chip running at 3.2 GHz, and supported by 512 MB of GDDR3 RAM, the new Xbox should have enough oomph to keep up with even the zippiest current-day PC. Graphics performance should be stunning as well, powered by an ATI GPU running at 500 MHz, with 10 MB of embedded DRAM.

The unit will ship with a 12X dual-layer DVD-ROM, three USB 2.0 ports, two memory-unit slots, and support for four wireless game controllers. It supports progressive-scan DVD movies and a slew of DVD and CD formats. Savvy users will be able to stream media from portable devices or Windows XP PCs and to rip music to the Xbox's detachable (and upgradeable) 20GB hard drive. For networking, the 360 includes a built-in ethernet port and support for 802.11 a, b, and g flavors of Wi-Fi."
    This thing is packed with features and damn good specs!

Microsoft Antivirus
    "Microsoft is readying a new consumer security product that offers virus and spyware protection, a new firewall and several tune-up tools for Windows PCs, a move that pits the software giant squarely against traditional security software vendors. The product, dubbed Windows OneCare, will be tested internally at Microsoft starting this week. A public test, or beta, version is scheduled to be available by year's end, Microsoft said in a statement this week. The final product will be offered as a subscription service, the Redmond, Washington, software maker says."
    http://pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,120835,00.asp

Microsoft Research Site
    http://research.microsoft.com/
    For the curious.

#28 Knoctur_nal, May 14, 2005
    Last edited: May 14, 2005
  9. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

did anyone hear about the nintendo revolution? sounds pretty hype

10. Knoctur_nal

or the next playstation....

11. brownishmarker

brownishmarker Well-Known Member

isnt the playstation 3 a while away from release? everyoen keeps saying how its gonna kill the 360 but isnt it gonna be released like 2 years after lol if so then who cares if its gonna kill the 360

12. Knoctur_nal

who says its gona kill the 360?..where are these ppl....buddy..we're just talking about the cool factor of the device.....specs?...

13. brownishmarker

no u door knob, why does everything gotta be bout u huhhhhh lol i was talkin in general as in people who know the specs and have heard/read what game developers are saying about it u... pshh who carse wat u think :p lol

14. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

and this is where someone jumps in and backs up knoc

the new playstation isnt coming out till the next 2 year? didnt xbox and ps2 come out at the same time though?

#34 DanK, May 18, 2005
    Last edited: May 19, 2005
  15. brownishmarker

huh i thought 360 is coming out before ps3 and the revolution is coming out before it because nintendo felt they lost ground releasen the gamecube after the ps2. i also heard that ps3 would possibly come out like 2 years after the 360

16. Knoctur_nal

its all screwed up....hell..i just want a free device...competeing with each other...hell...microsoft entered the market with the original xbox....damn good for a first timer.....the new xbox as some pretty nice spec....almost as if its a pc...or one can just get an emulator for your pc..haaa
    no who said its about me u punk..did i use the word "me" or "i"...

#36 Knoctur_nal, May 19, 2005
    Last edited: May 19, 2005
  17. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

you did use the word we

18. Knoctur_nal

yes...i did...last time i checked "we" and "me" are two dif words.....hmph....

19. brownishmarker

well seeing as u dont speak for dank.. unless i wasnt informed of a new dank knoc pact, i took your we're as if you ment you. but fine u AND the others included in we're o_O better? now all u we're people if u didnt wanna be included to bad cause aparently he speaks for u now :p

20. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

we is different from me. difference being is yourself, while we is a group of people including yourself. you're probably thinking of the word 'they'