Tale of the Nine Tailed - 구미호뎐 (2020)

Discussion in 'Korean Drama Discussion' started by Phoenix, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

Tale_of_the_Nine_Tailed.jpg

"Tale of the Nine Tailed" - An action fantasy romance drama starring Lee Dong Wook, Jo Bo Ah and Kim Bum.

Set in the present, Lee Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) is 1600 year old nine tailed fox spirit who settles in the city under the guise of a normal civil servant. Cold, intelligent and handsome he catches the attention of Urban City Legend show producer Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) who is convinced there is something more to Lee Yeon that meets the eye.

Trying to keep his cover intact and carrying out his work of cleansing human souls, the arrival of his step-brother Lee Rang (Kim Bum) makes things a little complicated. Can Lee Yeon save Ji Ah and himself from the wrathful storm of his vengeful brother?

Title: Tale of the Nine Tailed 구미호뎐
    Genre: Action , Fantasy , Romance , Drama
    Episodes: 16
    Broadcast by TvN from 07 October 2020 to present
    Air Time: Wednesday and Thursdays 22:30pm (KST)

Cast:
    Lee Dong Wook - Lee Yeon (Nine Tailed Fox Spirit - human cover as a civil servant)
    Jo Bo Ah - Nam Ji Ah/A Eum (Producer of Urban City Legend/Lee Yeon's past love)
    Kim Bum - Lee Rang (Fox Spirit, step brother to Lee Yeon)
    Hwang Hee - Goo Shin Joo (Lee Yeon's servant - human cover as a veterinarian)
    Kim Yong Ji - (Fox spirit, rescued by Lee Rang - servant to Lee Rang, human cover as heiress to department store)

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. Phoenix

Is anyone watching this?

There's been a lot of k-drama out but this one so far caught my eye.
    It has a lot of elements I like in a drama (lots of Korean mythology/ supernatural) and so far I'm enjoying it.

Thoughts so far (Episode 1-6)
    It's pretty fast paced so far, Lee Dong Wook's character was already exposed by the end of the first episode, the girl - she is sneaky! At first I did find her annoying, her actions was a bit sly but growing to like her.

The romance scenes are so cute (my heart!), honestly Lee Dong Wook is so sweet , the dialogue really melts my heart.

Kim Bum - good to see him back on screen, my mum's been raving about him from "That Winter, The Wind Blows" - his character is just so sly as well, one of the main antagonists for sure but his brotherly banter with Lee Dong Wook is quite funny.

Episode 4 actually got quite 'scary' , I wasn't expecting it but it was a good episode!

What I'm working out so far (spoilers)

So....Lee Dong Wook and the girl Jo Bo Ah - definitely reincarnation of his past love, gave her his fox bead so that he can recognise her/ protection maybe?
    although she may also be harbouring the spirit of Dong Wook's past enemy (who killed the girl back in the day) sounds messy already

His brother, is just so troublesome and always plotting, up to no good - is linked to the 'enemy' arranged for its resurrection too, just to spite his brother and for revenge....total brother complex.

Jo Bo Ah - she's got her own agenda for sure for being close to Dong Wook, but not sure if she's really going to fall in love with him or use him...he's too nice to her.

~~

Looking forward to next weeks episode :popcorn:

3. Phoenix

Episode 7-8 .......Ooooooo!! Cliffhanger

This drama is really good at keeping you enticed, literally for every question that is answered, another mystery unfolds.

Learning more about the main character's past lives which is obviously in replay at the moment.

Kim Bum - douchey and ruthless in these two episodes but it was nice to see a bit of humanity left inside him.
    (Somewhere deep deep inside, he's vulnerable, has a heart some where...)

I was actually more in tune with the brothers in these two episodes, i felt kim bum's hurt and dong wook's resolve.
    If you wasn't such a dk, maybe you and your brother would have a better relationship. (rolls eyes)

The girl......she let me down, she found out bits and pieces of her past live, too overwhelmed (who wouldn't be) but she lashed out, felt sad for Dong Wook.
    For someone that's super proactive in looking for clues and very smart and rational. She lost it for a bit lol.
    Look past the hurt and deceit and focus on finding the truth girl!

Her child actress - is very very good! The therapy session was chilling.

The imoogi's come out to play now, he grew up fast (courtesy of eating his babysitters), innocent sunshine looking but very cold and evil inside

Ended with a cliffhanger and now dongwook has to pick between his girl or bro to save them...

I was like YESSS! when he picked his brother's door, girl step aside..brother comes first...LOL

P.S slowly enjoying the soundtrack for this drama

4. Phoenix

Episode 9 - reminded me of the supernatural episode “What is and what should never be”

Being trapped in the dream world, what’s hurts you in your dream affects you in reality.

But glad they managed to resolve their issues in the dream world, so they can concentrate on the big bad. A minor showdown with the imoogi ~ dun dun dun

The final scenes were totally from “Goblin” when dong wook was trapped in the lonely desert world and the whole controlled weather when feeling a certain mood.
    Also! YES! They Kissed :kiss:

I was actually more emotionally invested in the brothers relationship in this episode

Episode 10~
    I’m doing a “reaction while I watch” so my thoughts might not make sense lol

Animated title card for the intro that was a nice surprise

The scenery shots are very very pretty, especially when they are up in the mountain.

Oo things are getting a bit weird , the imoogi wants the girl for himself and wants dong wooks body

Flashbacks to the past: finally solving the mystery of the whys and how’s

A lot of body possession in this! Oh sly! The big bad leaves the body so the host is now aware of all the things they “done” ~ typica!.....Oh!! Betrayal! Oh!!!

This imoogi is very good at being bad.....tut tut

Jeeze my girl is too possessive. Bit selfish with her final wish. Hmm was bit confused with the transformation, musta been a spell.

Would it kill the brother just to show his affection? He’s too good at being aloof, but I know he cares. He’s actually quite cute lol.

Uh oh! He’s in trouble! This is why you don’t make deals with the literal devil or plot with them. This is defo going to backfire on him.

The servant is a weasel for sure, he’s slimy

The actress for yuri is really pretty. Half and half, beautiful eyes. She’s a bit mad though lol in a good way.

Ohhh, I get it now. The ring “spell” is like a binding contract.....!

Another uh oh! Imoogi has infiltrated into the company, he’s got a pretty boy face but he’s actually creepy looking lol

Also lol! “ Look that way! (points to the sky) It’s a great day to torture someone” Ha!
    The dynamics between the underworld husband and wife is so funny.

Hmm once again, hard choices has to be made.
    Can’t wait for next weeks episodes!

#4 Phoenix, Nov 6, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  5. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

hmm, I will give this drama a try then. Looks interesting

6. Phoenix

Do it! It's good!

This weeks episodes were the best ones yet!

7. ailyeric

ailyeric Well-Known Member

i better stop reading lol. just finished episode 2.

8. KilaKilaGirl

I'm on episode 10. since next week is off. I think I should savior the episodes and watch it slowly. I don't want to wait a week to watch a new episode.

9. Phoenix

LOL yeah i will stop my thoughts for now from Ep 11 until the end just in case spoilers :lol:

I didn't think anyone was guna read my ramblings hahahaha

• Like Like x 1
  10. KilaKilaGirl

Just finished episode 12. Now I have to wait a whole week for a new episode to come out. 4 more episodes to go which means 2 more weeks of waiting to know the ending.

11. Phoenix

wasn't ep 11 and 12 good??? lol

Anyways episode 13 and 14 will be out tomorrow and thursday then next week for the final two...not too long to go

12. KilaKilaGirl

The producer said it needs some time to polish the episodes. So this week there are no new episodes. The drama is okay. Just 4 more episodes to go.