‘Stuck on roof – sorry!': Courier leaves package on top of house

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Phoenix, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

[​IMG]
    ‘Other’ (Picture: Tim Stewart)

Finding the dreaded ‘I called but you were out’ note on the doormat is a frequent annoyance for millions of us in the age of internet shopping.

So a courier tried to save Benjamin Ward hassle by finding a way to deliver his parcel in his absence.

Did he get a neighbour to sign for it or hide it in the shed? Er, no. He hurled the package on top of the house.

Bemused Mr Ward arrived home to find a card telling him the clothes he had ordered for his son were ‘stuck on roof – sorry!’.

The 34-year-old posted on Twitter about what had happened, saying: ‘I need a ladder.’
    [​IMG]
    Customer Benjamin Ward, 34, of Hove, East Sussex (Picture: Tim Stewart)

And after hundreds of people retweeted his message, courier service myHermes was alerted.

It tweeted him: ‘Please accept our sincere apologies. This is unacceptable and we’re on it.’

‘They sent him back to get it down with a ladder and say sorry,’ Mr Ward said.

‘It was super-awkward. It was more funny than anything else, so I don’t really want to make a big deal of it.’

It’s thought the courier may have landed the parcel on the roof in a misguided attempt to hurl it into Mr Ward’s back garden in Hove, East Sussex.

credit: metro
    ~~~~

I see the funny side to it BUT honestly what if there was something breakable inside? Or what if someone else picked it up and kept it for themselves? They'd never see it again. :nono:

2. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

I don't even recall how many times they left and notice saying no one was home when there was. Some of these people are so lazy.