Story

Discussion in 'Burning Flame III - 烈火雄心III' started by jdm_s2k, Jul 6, 2009.

1. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

The ultimate ending would be Myolie set on fire.

Buring Flame that!

2. densha

densha Well-Known Member

Ok, this is ridiculous. It's ep. 19 now and wong hei's nowhere near of waking up. I mean, when did he get in that accident and been in a coma, since ep 12 or 13... around those 2 episodes.

He's been off-screen for over 6 ep and counting. what the f^& is TVB thinking?

First of all, you are disrespecting wong hei as a main character when he's absent for 1/3 of the entire series. Why let him be a main character when minor roles gets more air time than him?

2nd of all, these past 3-4 episodes is focusing all about love crap between myolie and kevin, and bosco and Aimee chan? like wtf, this aint no korean soap, we dont need an excessiveness of this going on. It's burning flame, stick with the integrity of the series and not ruin it.

Okay, my last rant is even the thread maker of the BF3 DL section, the first post where he introduces the storyline and lists out the character, wong hei's name is completely left out in the main cast listing.... like what the hell? He's a main character and you have no respect to even put his name in there?

I am not being a troll and flaming, but I am just upset from these issues.

3. Xzyrus

Xzyrus Well-Known Member

Top Poster of the Month

LMFAO. That'd be more entertaining with both male leads dumbfounded at the end.-rotfl

4. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

we all feel the same way. BUT! i think Wong He's coming back next monday, since his finger moved a lil bit in the preview @ the end of 20. I just skip around, i don't care if Aimee Chan gets pregnant or not, i don't care if they like the freaking CD or not. LOL:no:

5. goeatc

goeatc Well-Known Member

i can see why wong hei wasn't so happy during the gathering.

6. Toilet

Toilet Well-Known Member

XD i like the fact that the posters on wiki shows no female leads for BF3

you are NOTHING myolie and aimee
    looking at the posters for BF1 and BF2
    strong cast, excellent chemistry between cast and a good storyline
    what happened? :(
    doesn't even have a good theme song!

#86 Toilet, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  7. occ

occ Well-Known Member

the female lead in this one is Wong He if you guy didn't know, just like other poster posted that skinny girl will burned to death wong he woke up and in love with the other fireman guy.

8. mr_evolution

The poster for BF3 is like a sausage fest

9. little_angel_846

little_angel_846 Active Member

hmm...I wished Alex Fong would be in this series....b/c he was greattttt in BF2! The storyline is okie in BF3..not that great or is it that bad.....it's just another normal TVB series. BUT, the chemistry b/w the couples arent as goood...i dont really like the pairs b/w all the couples....no chemistry at alll..
    I guess they have to make Wong Hei be in a coma for that long b/c they had to build myolie's and kevin's relationshp and if they did it too quick, people will complain bout the rush and stuff and how it will be all over the place....
    Buh im sure Wong Hei will be up on Mondayyyy...

Not the BEST series, but not the WORST as well, but BF2 is still ma favourite of all 3.

10. densha

densha Well-Known Member

who gives a rip about building myolie and kevin's relationship up? I mean, you don't have to jeopardize Wong Hei's air time for like 9 episodes...

besides kevin cheng's overrated, he's an ok actor at best, wong hei is much better but he's just not as popular or over the majority fans. Besides he's got tvb backing his ass up

11. mr_evolution

I just realised there are 2 Alex Fong's

12. arnica

arnica Well-Known Member

Yep I dont think she has played that great in the series so far.

13. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

That example of CPR in ep 29 is a major fail... :facepalm:

14. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

It was a sad example for CPR, I laughed so hard...

Still, dealing with that bs love from myolie...come on now...wtf

15. xhikarux

xhikarux Guest

^ eh why was the crp funny?

16. BuckFutter

BuckFutter Member

I truly hope something develops next episode aside from Wong He's situation with Myolie. I think that would be a bad way to close the series. Like maybe Myolie's uncle appears from nowhere again and puts everyone in a worse spot than before.

17. occ

occ Well-Known Member

watched episode 29 and you'lll know why fake as hell.

18. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

well once again, u can't perform a real CPR on a live person :)

i dont wanna recall my memory of doing those rescue thing with my manikin.......

19. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

The CPR technique that he used was all wrong. Had he done this in front of an instructor he would have failed. The sequence of compressions to respirations and their timing and technique were all bad.

Granted, in the show he's previously an Ambulanceman (equivalent of an EMT), but precordial thumps (the direct blow to the chest) still are outside of his realm (they would be within the scope of an Emergency Medical Assistant, or equivalent of an Advanced Cardiac Life Support Paramedic). That said, precordial thumps in the US are considered to be medically obsolete. They're only supposed to be use on electrically monitored patients that are witnessed going into cardiac arrest from either ventricular tachycardia without a pulse or ventricular fibrillation. If used wrongly (like the portrayal in the series), they can actually decrease the patient's chances of survival. This, in effect, is what TVB is "teaching" the public.

An example of bad teaching was shown in Mel Gibson's Lethal Weapon series, his character, Detective Martin Riggs, always suffered with a spontaneously dislocating shoulder. Riggs' technique to reduce (or correct) the dislocation was to slam the dislocated shoulder against a hard object; that is, to bang the dislocated shoulder back into place. The viewing public does not know that this was just severe artistic license and fake; you cannot bang a dislocated shoulder back into place, and there have been several instances in which real patients, using the Lethal Weapon movie as a guide, tried to do exactly that to personally treat their own shoulder dislocations, only to discover that they've injured themselves even more.

TVB had long used the act of CPR with extreme creative license, and has NEVER given the public any proper view of what CPR is. They particularly like to use the medically obsolete precordial thump. This is rather dangerous and after years, had become a huge public disservice. That is, people in HK will just have the wrong idea of what CPR is. It's apparent that none of the writers personally know how to do it; if they did they wouldn't show it so badly repeatedly.

It's actually easier on a real person. The only thing you have to get used to is the breaking of the joints (as you do your first compression) between the ribs and sternum, LOL...

Sources:
    http://soiworkwiththisguy.com/post/89191224/dislocated-shoulder-technique
    http://www.orthop.washington.edu/uw/tabID__3374/print__full/ItemID__295/mid__0/Articles/Default.aspx

#99 ralphrepo, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009