South or North?

Discussion in 'Korean Chat' started by hadouken, Nov 26, 2005.

1. HK! Fish

HK! Fish Well-Known Member

i like south better! south china, south korea.
    btw, i'm also southern too. :p

2. rNb99

rNb99 Well-Known Member

i think i prefer south more. north's been testing those missiles lately, isn't it?

3. glitterysky

glitterysky Member

South. I've heard that the North is pretty much a secluded place. You can't enter or leave..otherwise you'll get killed. I feel sorry for the people living there. It's just so cruel!

4. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

WEST SIDE!!....north is always the dangerous side and south is the better side

5. axrustyxglove

axrustyxglove Well-Known Member

damn is the north that bad?
    haha
    i dont know much about the north.
    im sticking with the south yo. haha

6. wang_bao

wang_bao Well-Known Member

Of course South Korea.
    The comunism in the North is terrible - if you see some pictures, the
    life must be like in the stone age. No progress!
    So if I had no other chance to go to the South I would try to escape to China.

7. cyrus

cyrus Well-Known Member

whats the main difference between the S and the N? it's political things, right?

8. baLUU

baLUU Active Member

Nah. They all commies. Only north has nuclear weapons that the US sold em

9. compliant

compliant Well-Known Member

north korea also has this program going called "juche" which is basically "self-sustainability" which is basically "we want to be able to sustain ourselves with hardly any foreign trade". you can't get around with foreign trade, and as alexandros said, famine. if you guys want to see what north koreans see regularly, go to the songunblog channel on youtube. his videos are just creepy (in the propagandist way). his blog is at songun-blog.blogspot.com. whoever said that pyongyang was creepily empty, they were right. search "pyongyang" on youtube, find a video made by a tourist, and you'll see that it's freaking scary.

and this is the epitome of north korean news:

"A mysterious halo appeared in the sky over North Korea just before its leader Kim Jong-Il marked an important anniversary, the communist state's official media reported. [...] The big ring around the sun stayed for 30 minutes, throwing bright rays of seven colours. And when it disappeared, the hail stopped and not a speck of cloud was seen," the agency said."

10. megacode

megacode Member

i saw this smuggled video out of north and people were dead on the street from starvation. there was once also a college 10 years ago was filled with student now its empty.

11. haobuhao

haobuhao Well-Known Member

its nothing like china taiwan, north has nothing its poor and not worth the land

12. jonjonk

jonjonk Well-Known Member

You are perfectly right. But because of this thing called the Chinese civil war (which as a result, more ppl died during the civil war than WWII), the two governments are ignorant now and would not listen to the people. Oh and you cant really compare North vs. South Korea with Taiwan vs. Mainland, because, economically wise, both are almost about the same (except I'm pretty sure that Mainland is a little richer than Taiwan). But North vs. South Korea is like different worlds...I even heard that, in North Korea, people are soo poor that some strip flesh off of the dead and sell as food...Not to mention you cant even use cell phones in North...
    I just wish that Kim Jong-il dude would just retire...

13. jonjonk

jonjonk Well-Known Member

holy fck...so according to youtube, some parts of North Korea dont even have traffic lights!

14. JYJLrock

JYJLrock Well-Known Member

Of the many many Koreans I've met from university, they are all from South! That's so weird. Even the celebs. What's wrong with the North?

15. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

I've heard that if you want to enter the North, you need to get a special pass and that you board a train full of soldiers to tour the country. Also, while passing sceneries of towns, ppl noticed that the buildings are simply empty buildings.

16. boalover16

boalover16 Active Member

i think i would choose south becauz there r lots of korean celebrities there and plus i get 2 c jaejoong if i live there. i might go there for my graduation trip though.

17. Coma88

Coma88 Member

18. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

that was amazing lol... only one guy cracked a smile,... it was less like a concert and more like a funeral

19. pirvee

pirvee Well-Known Member

what reason could anyone outside North Korea have to chose for the North?? We hear these stories about the misery and starvation in the North, and a incompetent government who cannot feed its citizens, but is at the same time working at a nuclear program? and has the largest army on earth??

The south is far more a relative normal country......>>westernlike

----above just a personal opinion, please correct me about the facts if they are somehow wrong------

20. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

i heard from my teacher that north korea was a communist place an has actually cut itself off from the 'outside' ..so i'd visit the south..