So Hang Shuen Has Passed Away at the Age of 62

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Jun 13, 2013.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

so-hang-shuen.jpg

Veteran Hong Kong actress So Hang Shuen (蘇杏璇) passed away on June 12, 2013 at the age of 62 years old. Having suffered for years from diabetes, Suen Jeh’s body weight fell from 150 pounds to below 100 pounds. Although she was able to leave Queen Elizabeth Hospital last week, her condition worsened once again a few days ago. Shuen Jeh then experienced a stroke that brought upon further complications, leading to her death.

Shuen Jeh was a member of the first TVB artist training class in 1972. She participated in numerous TVB dramas from the 1970s to the 1990s, earning wide recognition from the audience. Some of her most memorable works include Legend of the Condor Heroes <射雕英雄傳>, Looking Back in Anger <義不容情> and Police Cadet <新扎師兄>. In 1995, Shuen Jeh took a break from filming in TVB and opened a vegetarian restaurant. In 2000, she filmed two dramas for ATV.

Died Peacefully

Shuen Jeh won the Best Supporting Actress award at the 2012 Hong Kong Film Awards for her performance in Life Without Principle <奪命金>. Unfortunately, she was unable to carry home the award herself due to her illness. Shuen Jeh entered the hospital several times in recent years. Due to festering flesh, her toes had to be amputated in order to save her life. But even after four operations, her diabetes worsened.

Since Shuen Jeh was a Buddhist, her son revealed that a Buddhist funeral ceremony will be conducted. He shared, “I want to say that my mother passed away peacefully. Most of the important family members were by her side, so she had no regrets.”

So-Hang-Shuen.jpg

Friends Remember Shuen Jeh

Many members of the entertainment industry were saddened by her death. Shuen Jeh kept in touch with veteran artists Helena Law (羅蘭) and Yue Mo Lin (余慕蓮), who revealed, “She had a stroke earlier and there was a tumor in her stomach. The worst is the anemia; her body was very weak. The doctor was afraid to perform surgery.”

Johnnie To (杜琪峰), who had once collaborated with Shuen Jeh, expressed, “I had a meal with her a few months ago. This news is too sudden. I don’t know what to say….After all, life ends with a period one day. Besides her outstanding acting skills, So Hang Shuen’s compassion and kindness placed a perfect period to her life. I thank her for her contribution to the world of performing arts.”

Denise Ho (何韻詩), who worked with Shuen Jeh in Life Without Principle, also praised her for her outstanding acting skills. Denise expressed she was very happy to be able to work with the veteran actress and will always miss her.

Tony Leung Chiu Wai (梁朝偉), who portrayed Shuen Jeh’s son in Police Cadet, said, “Shuen Jeh and I are both Buddhists; I hope she will find happiness in another world. I will always remember the times when we worked together.” Tony’s wife, Carina Lau (劉嘉玲) commented, “Shuen Jeh was a gentle and generous actress. She was serious about work and kind and caring towards colleagues. I hope she finds happiness in another world; she will continue to live in our hearts.”

[video=youtube;NCR70mlvmGU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NCR70mlvmGU[/video]

Creds: ihktv

2. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

wow, cant believe she's gone.... extremely good actress back in the 80s......RIP...

3. my mum loved her she was the Louise Lee back in the day...RIP.

4. cloud75

cloud75 Active Member

5. an0nymous

an0nymous Well-Known Member

6. -surr it's the aunty from Looking Back In Anger

RIP

7. machwnor

machwnor Well-Known Member

shuen jei, rest in peach lah. you will always be remembered from your tv fans

8. Krunghiep888

Krunghiep888 Member

oh!!no!! an other actress has past away n I feel so sad please rest in peace n your memory still live on with us:( :( :(