Simon Wong clarifies "Brutally Young" plagiarism issues

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, May 13, 2020.

1. [​IMG]
    Simon Wong, the creator of the TVB crime drama, "Brutally Young" has recently addressed earlier allegations of plagiarism concerning his said drama.

As reported on Mingpao, the producer who sat down for an interview recently, stated that there was a misunderstanding earlier that the drama was plagiarising the 2017 Japanese movie, "Memoirs of a Murderer".

However, this was actually caused by the similarity of the Chinese titles for both his series ("The Ultimate Confession after 18 Years") and the said Japanese film, ("The Confession After 22 Years: I am a Murderer").

"It's just a similar title. The content is actually different," he said.

As for the other plagiarism claims that the drama was copying another TVB series, "When Heaven Burns", Simon stated that he is not in the habit of copying other people when he is making a drama.

"Frankly speaking, I was in mainland China when "When Heaven Burns" was airing, so I have not seen it. The work was done a lot by Lui Sau Lin, who also wrote the script," he said.

On the other hand, when mentioned that there are netizens who questioned Auston Lam and Joel Chan being classmates in the drama due to their age gap (Auston is 31 while Joel is 43), Simon simply responded that they did not feel the generation gap at all during filming.

credits: yahoo.sg

2. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

copy this copy that. Back in my college days, I also "plagiarized" other people's essays and made it into mine. Of course, I changed here and there using my own words and stuff. No one ever found out....lol I guess this Simon person is too lazy to change anything.

• Funny Funny x 1