Should I get a PS3 or iPod Touch 5?

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by spider-man, Mar 5, 2015.

1. spider-man

spider-man Well-Known Member

I've saved up $250 and I would like to either buy a ps3 or an ipod touch 5, but since my money is limited, and both of these electronics are around the same price, I can't decide which item should I get.

I guess it depends on the person and their preferences, but I just want to know you guys think.

#1 spider-man, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  2. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

None and save up for more ;)

It's all up to you on what you really want. The PS3 is a nice gaming console, but don't forget games cost anywhere from $20-$60, depending on how new the game is, etc. The iPod Touch on the other hand, it's a good mp3 player and have a good amount of games and apps from the App Store. Both of the product are fairly old and might be cheaper to buy it used or refurbished and save some money.

3. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Personally, I'm not a big fan of mobile games, so I definitely choose a console > mobile device if you're into gaming. If you need a music player and refuse to use your phone for that (I prefer using a separate device for music too), then go for iPod Touch.

However, I would stay away from the PS3. While it is a great console, fewer and fewer games will be released on the PS3 since the PS4 is far superior. If you can, go for the PS4. If you can't, then neither. If you really NEED to pick one, then I guess iPod touch.

Like RTH said, PS3 and PS4 games cost from $20-70 + tax depending on how new the game is. If you're into multiplayer as well, you will also need to buy PS+ membership in order to play online for the PS4. But you do get free games every month as part of the PS+ program.

4. subzor

subzor Well-Known Member

save up more for a ps4 imo or invest your money

5. ah_wong201

ah_wong201 Well-Known Member

what is your purpose in getting a PS3 or iPod touch?

6. spider-man

spider-man Well-Known Member

I'm sort of aiming towards a ps3 even though I might not get the chance to purchase some of the newly released games.
    I also think it's a good talking point with friends if they also have the same games as I do. And playing with others online would be fun.

I do have a crappy Android smartphone, but I've never own an Apple product before, I'm assuming the features on an iPod are about the same as my current phone, but it's obvious that the spec are better than my phone.
    I rarely listen to music, so I guess an iPod can motivate me to listen to music. It would be cool to carry around with me. I rarely play mobile games maybe because my phone is too shitty to run games. I also love taking pictures...