Series Thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Rippling Blossom - 魚躍在花見' started by Jeff, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

What do you think of the whole series & its ending?

It was sooo close of a sad ending.. but again.. TVB twisted it at the very last second.

I had a great time watching this series.. especially Myolie+Chilam.

I kinda wish there is a sequel.. because i like sushi & the Chilam/Myolie couple

Its also great to see Hiu Gor back to normal again!

2. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

I really love how TVB uses the careless pedestrian being struck by a moving vehicle gimmick in just about all their series; they literally have that down to a science. I would go so far as to say that the majority of HK's television audience have probably been preconditioned to look both ways before stepping off a curb or out of a car because of this, LOL...

But seriously, the finale storyline, with the depth of feelings and emotions involved in some of the episodes, resolves just a bit too pat for me. That is, IMHO it would be too unlikely to forgive and forget, or live and let live. Even the final contest seemed an afterthought, as if the entire sushi thing (ie. the basis for the show) itself was unimportant.

3. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Its cool how they filmed that part where Myolie got hit. I wanna know how :O!

Also, i think it was kinda cool of the final contest. It kinda gives us a series summary of what happened.. cause it did remind me of stuff that i DID forget.

4. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

the whole $*#) is so predictable, i swear i just got every damn thing rite for the ending! LOL. i enjoy watching them make sushi, the rest.....just myolie & chilam then.

5. pOtentiaLeaver

pOtentiaLeaver Well-Known Member

i wana eat the snowman sushi woooo

6. pOtentiaLeaver

pOtentiaLeaver Well-Known Member

and also the ball ones :O

7. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

I want to eat everything they made.. nom nom nom..

8. ackm99

ackm99 Active Member

i thought it was an okay drama...basically I watched for Myolie and Chi Lam...well...the sushi theme was good too.

9. zack55555

zack55555 Well-Known Member

i like it. storyline, acting is all good especially chi lam, the length is just about right, not too draggy. happy ending. a very good experience overall. appreciate their effort of trying to speak japanese and shooting a series outside of HK is probably not easy not to mention expensive.

way better than a lot of crap dramas tvb's been showing over the past many months ...

10. Kaitou_Kid

Kaitou_Kid Well-Known Member

the series was average. I really like Chilam as usual. I wish there was more dimension to Michael/Tavia's character and their relationship. The whole time when I watched their reactions with each other, I was so annoyed. I also didn't really feel the progression of the storyline. I didn't even know episode 19 was going to be the last episode.

11. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

Hate it .. thought the beginning was good and kinda fell apart as it progressed .. disappointed. Only You is better .. let's hope it keeps up and not drown like this one.

12. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Just watched the "Behind The Scenes" films of this drama.

Seems like they're having fun.. it was pretty funny too

13. zeewee

zeewee Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you about that! Their scenes usually included arguing, Tavia crying, making up, hugging, and camera pans out to show beautiful scenery with "Because You Loved Me" playing. But then I can't really say because they became so annoying that I skipped their parts. The pair was only enjoyable in the last episode when they were playing that board game.

I think "Chiyolie" is now one of my favorite TVB couples. I loved their storyline. Starting from bickering and annoyance, to friendship, and finally...to love. =) They had great chemistry, a ton of funny scenes, a good handful of emotional parts, and fairly good progression. I really hope they can do another series together! Or maybe not...it might ruin my impression of this pair.

@Chinen: May you please share where we can watch the behind the scenes? =)

14. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

how did Myolie get hit by the car?

[video=youtube;sTQMqlnYvmk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTQMqlnYvmk"[/video]

15. aexp

aexp New Member

i think the van that hit Myolie was only a shell. you can see the right side of the van only. the front of the van would have been cut away and replaced with foam padding. i suspect it was acted out very slowly and then speeded up to look like it was a very fast hit.