Sergeant Tabloid - 女警愛作戰 Started OK but now...

Discussion in 'Chinese Drama Discussion' started by ralphrepo, Apr 6, 2012.

1. kevin

kevin RAWR!

What I ALWAYS find silly is when they see the suspect, they ALWAYS SAY "police, stop...stop running"...Won't it be better to just walk up to them, low key, and arrest them rather than giving them the chance to spot you and start the maraton on running away.

2. I duno... I think they have to warn them first? Like before they fire their gun they have to announce it? =/

3. kevin

kevin RAWR!

They could always walk up close, like 1 meter away (safe distance). They always seem to shout their name from the bottom of the hill or road haha. Probably just entertainment (filming) purposes.

4. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

The legal concept behind the portrayed actions is the desire to have a suspect not be able to say, "I didn't know he was a cop." This seemingly innocuous facet of law can have tremendous impact in a courtroom, where a suspect could then claim that he feared that he was about to be robbed, kidnapped, murdered, et cetera; unless the state can show that its agent clearly identified him or herself as its representative. Likewise the use of deadly force; giving warning that someone is about to sustain serious bodily injury or death unless they ceased and desisted from whatever activity they're engaged in, protects the state from charges that the officer failed to give the assailant an opportunity to surrender. In Hollywood and television, everyone shout's "freeze!" But in real life, cops are taught to shout, Police, Halt. Do not move or I will shoot.

That said, if you run into a cop; stop, see his or her uniform, and then make eye contact with them, the requirement of identification is already established. They no longer have to shout "police" because you already know its them. Further, if you continue to run, then they have reasonable suspicion and justifiable cause to stop you.

5. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Is there any reason why these police shown in movies like TVB series, not shoot when the suspect is running. Basically, the police (officers) pulled out their guns already and say I will shoot if you continue to run but they never do shoot (more of a phrase to scare the suspect). Yes, I understand that they could miss and accidently shoot a citizen but on a open surface, why don't they shoot?

6. ralphrepo

The general understanding by most law enforcement agencies in western countries is that one can should only shoot to prevent imminent death or serious injury to one's self or another, but not to prevent escape. In other countries however, such as... (ahem), the PRC or DPRK; that generally isn't the case. Their police would likely open fire to prevent escape.

#26 ralphrepo, Apr 22, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  7. wilsonli

wilsonli Well-Known Member

Am i the only one who thinks Madam Kiu is not hot at all?

8. ralphrepo

Though rather archaic in contemporary speech, Mandy Wong is what I would refer to as a 'handsome' woman; ie pleasant to look at in a dignified way, but in no way femininely sexy or hot.