Science Vs God

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by Changtcg, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Changtcg

Changtcg New Member

Do you believe in the evolution of mankind and all origin being created by god or the so call big bang theory?

2. peachey

peachey Well-Known Member

I believe in science. [​IMG]

#2 peachey, Dec 5, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2006
  3. superchrls

superchrls Well-Known Member

I agree with peachey. Have you seen those videos made by creationists trying to prove they're right? They basically say things like wow this is so pretty it must be made by god, this is so complicated it must be made by god. There was one part that said look at this banana, it's yellow and you can peel it open, this must be made by god. Anyway, aside from all the quacky creationist reasoning, I don't see why both theories can't co-exist. If there were to be some all powerful entity, I would think that this entity could have come up with the whole evolutionary system.

4. lilsloth88

lilsloth88 New Member

Haha, this is really funny. My friends and I were just talking about this the other day. I'm a science person, so I'm for the Big Bang Theory. We started getting into a heated argument since one of my friends was deeply religious and the other friend was in between. For me, I just find it difficult to believe things that do not have physical evidence. But when I get into one of my weird moments, I do wonder maybe there is a god who created the world as it is, and as science perceives it. For the most part, everything seems to point towards the Big Bang Theory though. And then we started getting into the whole creationism versus evolution argument, which we found a newspaper article on in the New York Times several days later...

5. brybie

brybie Well-Known Member

GOD.. there are some things science just has no answer to nor can it ever be calculated.. even einstein himself believes this is so.. and in God..

6. chariot28

chariot28 Active Member

I believe in both God and Science.

In my opinion, the two are not mutually exclusive. There's increasing evidence that supports the big bang theory which we can not ignore. However, some mysteries are present that require faith in God.

Einstein was quoted as saying someting like, "...The universe began as a result of a cataclysmic explosion with matter and energy expanding through space to form the stars and planets...but who lit the blue touch paper to create the bang? (God?)"

7. idazu

idazu Well-Known Member

anything logic will be science
    anything cant be explain by science will be god

8. elitorsomeone

elitorsomeone Well-Known Member

but science is seeking to solve everything, overtime i believe it will eventually get there.

9. Yuhsuke

Yuhsuke Well-Known Member

When there is something you really want in life, God is the person that ignores you. So I believe in science. And how did Asian people and black people come out from Adam and Eve? And is Adam and Eve really white, they could be black! Religion is too unstable, if you ask me.

10. adrianc

adrianc Well-Known Member

Haha.

There are many different types of God, especially with the Greeks and Chinese.

Being the science type, I don't really belief that there is a GOD, but a superior being.

So my question to the science types, what are the chances of a big bang, and then through evolution human beings came to be? (With the right mixture of amino acids, temperature, food source, DNA etc.

I'm pretty good in Math, and I calculated that it is very slim.

Anyone have a different view?

11. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

Can't "God" just create evolution...

12. sherwinneo

sherwinneo Active Member

in skool, Teachers teaches you about the BIG BANG THEORY
    outside skool, its "GOD CREATED US"

hmmm...tough choice
    I CREATED THE WORLD!!! MUAHAHAHA
    -_-"

13. I guess I would say that I strongly believe in GOD
    Science is a strong sign of GOD'S very existence.
    all one has to do is look at nature or even through a telescope or even a microscope
    and that's GOD you're seeing there--- it's GOD's very brilliance at work.

14. metachic

metachic Member

I've always been to a Catholic school and whenever we had to go through the big bang theory to stick to the syllabus, the teachers acted as if it was some MI movie lol.

I say a bit of both. I do believe that God helped to create the world, 7 days however is a bit limiting. I also believe that through evolution we are at where we are at today but its a bit hard to believe we originated from tiny carbon atoms from an asteroid.

15. elitorsomeone

elitorsomeone Well-Known Member

I believe science and god are two separate things and should not be compared.
    How can you have faith in your beliefs if science can prove that a higher being exists? If science proves it then it can no longer be faith now can it?

16. saikira

saikira Well-Known Member

i believe science because they hav proof that we evolve, but in religion they said GOD made us lolx
    bunch of bs

17. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

if we were to evolve why havent we evolved yet?? i dont see no new human beings... and if we were inferior since we not evolved who does the evolved human mate with?... so i guess nothing makes sense.... its hard to believe that we sprung out of no where cause god clicked his fingers and its also hard to believe we were all one celled life forms.... have we seen anything evolve into a human that was not born?

18. awong04

awong04 Well-Known Member

i believe in science

19. Can you conceive that god may have created science, or science created god? They can both coexist.

20. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

if they coexist they shouldnt contradict each other