Ruco Chan Enjoys Filming Action Scenes

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Feb 21, 2013.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

ruco-chan-tvb-action.jpg

In Brother’s Keeper <巨輪>, Ruco Chan (陳展鵬) will be involved in several action stunts including jumping from buildings and fighting; This does not worry Ruco but in fact excites him as he looks forward to fighting scenes. If public reception is good, Ruco does not mind pursuing an action hero route at TVB.

Collaborating for the first time, Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣) and Ruco were seen on location filming at To Kwa Wan. In the television drama, Ruco plays a dismissed policeman who infiltrates the triad syndicate so that he can exact revenge for his younger brother. In one scene, Ruco was involved in a fight with the triad boss. The fighting was very intense with the two actors exchanging blows and shouting angrily at each other. At one time, they snatched each other’s guns and the fight was only broken when Linda and a group of policemen intervened.

Enjoys Action Scenes

Ruco shared that he loves to act in fighting scenes. He does not mind filming more action dramas. “If the viewers like it, I don’t mind. After all, Hong Kong dramas and movies are mostly made up of action genres. If I don’t get to try these roles now, it will be more difficult for me to tackle such roles when I’m older.” Citing Chow Yun Fat (周潤發) as his role model, Ruco admires Fat Gor’s grasp of roles and how easily he falls into character.

Ruco’s other project, Ruse of Engagement <叛徒>, in which he plays a paramilitary officer also involves thrilling action scenes, concluded filming 2 years ago but no release date has been determined yet. He hopes that it will be released this year.

Serious At Work

For an actor who is rising up in stardom, Ruco is surprisingly a clean slate when it comes to romantic rumors. He laughed, “This is something I need to reflect on or maybe I’m just not charming enough!” Or perhaps it is because when Ruco is working with female colleagues, he will be mindful of his actions and knows where to draw the line professionally. He added, “I know what kind of girl I like. I’m a traditional man so I like women who love sports and like to stay at home to prepare meals.”

Praises for Ruco

Brother’s Keeper costar, Linda Chung, likened Ruco to a superhero. Linda said, “He is tireless – not only is he good in remembering his lines, he is fast and agile in his action stunts. On top of that, his physique is so fit, and his hair is all neat and tidy, just like a superhero!”

Admitting that she likes to have conversations with Ruco, Linda revealed, “Ruco likes to talk about philosophy and psychology theories. He’s an introspective man and talking to him makes me reflect more.” According to Linda, Ruco is one of TVB’s Diamond Bachelors, after Moses Chan (陳豪) and Kenneth Ma (馬國明).

Creds: Apple Daily

2. kevin

kevin RAWR!

I like Ruco acting and I think he will do great in action series/movies