Ron Ng as Yung Yee Hang, Gary 翁以行

Discussion in 'Wax and Wane - 團圓' started by kevin, Jun 13, 2011.

1. kevin

kevin RAWR!

We see Ron in this series but wonder how he is since he's rather a "middle-man" between both family. He's rather in a difficult position due to a conflict of interest between the Man and Yung family (he's in Yung).

Here's his info for this series:
    Yung Shing-fun and Kwong Lai-ying's son
    Yung Yee-chun and Yung Yee-lam's brother
    Man Wing-cheong's secondcousin
    Man Ka-fung's cousin
    Man Ka-fu's cousin and boyfriend

what do you think of him? Talk about him in this thread.

2. MrCooperS

MrCooperS Well-Known Member

Maybe it's because of where I grew up but are cousin relationships OK in Hong Kong?!

3. moranna

moranna Well-Known Member

For once it not a thug role, might be interesting.

4. onni

onni Well-Known Member

i think Ron Ng doesn't have much screen time as Roger Kwok in this series. Ron and Kate are such a compatible pair.

5. Ileenka

Ileenka Member

Well I don't know if you know that in most Asian societies, cousins with different surnames can get married to each other. It used to be the norm up until the 1960s and 70s. These days people don't usually do this anymore because it's awfully old-fashioned and embarrassing.

6. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

i know what youre talking about, where I grew up, anything that is family-related, is considered incest...i asked my mom what is really considered incest in China/Hong Kong

Tong Family - cousins from your dad's side are considered no nos, why? because they all share the same last name as you, same fraternal grandfather...so therefore same family lineage

Biu Family (or Yee Biu/Gu Biu) - cousins from your mom's side of the family = allowed, why? not same family name, your mother's side of the family isn't really considered direct family which your dad's side are
    Yee Biu Children of your mom's sister are Yee Biu (Not incest and are common)
    Gu Biu Children of your mom's brother are Gu Biu (Not incest but examination may be needed)

o and on the side note: Ron Ng's character is pretty useless in my opinion. I like his character but he and his sister are useless in the family... compare to Roger, hes the one doing business, and making money...how he chose Kate over work DURING work, was really unprofessional

#6 xaznxryux, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  7. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

after watching episode 25, i think Ron is just plain stupid

if I was Roger Id be pretty embarrassed to have Ron as a brother...like I'm so smart but why is my little brother so dumb =\

8. moonlightshadow

moonlightshadow Well-Known Member

I'd say Ron is annoying in this series. His so selfish, all he does think of his wedding. He doesn't really care about everything thats happening around him

9. Kaitou_Kid

Kaitou_Kid Well-Known Member

Ron is so dumbbbbb in this series. Always trust your family! Always!