ROK President Blames Previous Administration

Discussion in 'Korean Chat' started by ralphrepo, Jul 8, 2009.

1. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

This is from today's Joong Ang Daily.

In a rush? For a quick synopsis, just read the red highlighted lines.

IMHO, I think Lee's words had a ring of truth. The previous two administrations had given the DPRK billions in aid, assistance, and food. Lee took over in the beginning of 2008, and relations, "...began to sour" between the two Koreas. Now, if I asked you to prepare a nuclear bomb ready for detonation and have multiple missiles ready for launch; how much time would you need? Well, it seems that the DPRK didn't need much time at all. They were able to detonate a nuclear warhead and launch several missiles all within roughly a year's time of Lee taking office. What does that tell me? Why...

...they already had the thing ready to go at a moment's notice all along.

Ergo... They've been secretly developing a nuclear weapon
    (a process that would normally require years) the whole time that the previous ROK administrations have been specifically giving them money not to. Inotherwords, the North Koreans have been lying all these years. Now that they realize they're not going to get any more money from the south, they're not even bothering to take the trouble to hide that fact.

So, Lee is right. His predecessors royally screwed up and gave their worst enemy the world's most deadly weapon.

#1 ralphrepo, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2009