Rob-B-Hood Movie Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies Discussion' started by shinobi, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Asianiza

Asianiza Member

That movie is awesome...so funny...i have waited sooo long for the cantonese one...

2. bry0155

bry0155 Member

This movie not only funny also touching
    I cried when thy hv to gv up the child

3. Buko

Buko Member

Jackie you rule in HK movies so please stop do american movies and just do asian for ever... and ever

4. larlarlar

larlarlar Well-Known Member

Totally agree, his HK movies are so much better.

This movie was so funny. Lots of famous cameos too, and it was nice seeing Micheal Hui again, his comedies from the 70s and 80s were halarious.

5. princesstanaka

princesstanaka Active Member

the baby Matthew is to cute on screen. he got talent

6. Movie Review: Spoiler Alert

Watched this a week ago and here's my two cents:

This movie definitely had its funny moments and of course, with Jackie Chan, the best fighting scenes.

The plot, however, was very typical. I wouldn't call it unoriginal, but the general storyline seems a bit overrated. Couple of guys who walked down the wrong path of life suddenly find themselves with a baby to take a care of and through the innocence of a child, they become good again. And some parts of the story were weird and it was mostly due to them being put into the movie just so Jackie Chan can display his cool martial arts move. Nothing particularly wrong with that, but seriously, the scene where the baby was trapped in a basket attached to the back of the truck? (The Brokeback Mountain allusion REALLY threw me off, by the way...though freakin' hilarious!)

The whole movie was just plain silly and I actually think it's the first movie I've seen with Jackie Chan in it. (Yeah yeah, call me a weirdo...) But it was funny and suspenseful. Jackie Chan is cool with his fighting thing and Louis Koo is sexy. I also really like all the guest stars in it! (Daniel Wu, call me.)

And that's that. :D

7. i saw some of it... it's a fun movie.. good to watch with family and friends... just in time for the holiday season..... :) but plot/acting is very poor as expected from a jacky chan film.

8. poonie

poonie Member

the movie was funny! i thought louis was a bit of a jerk at first with the way he treat gil but he turned around in the end ;-)

9. StevenC_S2

StevenC_S2 Member

This was a pretty funny movie.. the baby Matthew was so cute! Too bad Charlene didn't get a bigger part. Is it just me, or does either Emily, Kathy, or Gladys always show up in movies that involves any artist from EEG?

10. snooze

snooze Well-Known Member

Emily, Kathy, or Gladys are most likely signed by EEG..i know Kathy is...
    the movie was good..baby matthew is the cutest thing ever!...but can someone tell me...are his eyes blue or green..cus they don't look brown to me...

11. aiwee

aiwee New Member

the chemistry between jacky chan, loius koo and baby mathew is awesome!! Just love the baby...Louis being the mother?!! Simply hillarious.

12. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

biggest laughs i had in a whle, 2 thumbs up!

13. pastrami

pastrami Banned

sweet, can't wait to watch this with the fam. over xmas season :)

14. artofwar

artofwar Well-Known Member

I think jackie was too dramatic in last scene, but overall the movie was very funny

15. evalnekochan

evalnekochan Well-Known Member

its great

16. mooMooDUDE

mooMooDUDE Well-Known Member

Agree that Jackie was a bit dramatic. Baby is cute, and Louise Koo is getting better in his acting. Worth watching.

17. Ukitake

Ukitake Member

best part when he tossed the diaper full of crap at Jackie Chan...his reaction...priceless!

18. andy0810

andy0810 Member

This was a great comedy film. not a traditional jackie chan film but nevertheless it was enjoyable to wath.

19. litadumas

litadumas Well-Known Member

the baby was the cutest thing ever!!! it was a pretty good movie but i thought it was really different wen louis koo was duin stunts that jackie chan would do