Right or Wrong?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by cignalc, Jun 3, 2009.

1. cignalc

cignalc Active Member

who decides the right and wrong?
    what is actually the right and wrong?
    any border to separate both of them?

the same questions goes to good and bad.

2. i believe in a conscience, your conscience tells you right from wrong but of course we have the ability to ignore it, i also believe there is a point where the conscience dies in a sense and the person becomes a complete law unto themselves.

remote tribes in remote parts of the world know right from wrong just like us, they know its wrong to steal, lie, murder etc

its a broad topic, ive just given you a small piece

#2 master_g, Jun 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  3. Battousai

Battousai Member

As I see today, its hard to say what is wrong or what is right. The same goes to what is good or what is bad. People always do what they think are right to do and other always comment about others action. Who get wrong and who get right, we wont know. Is it bad to do action or is it good for somebody to comment on the action you think you do right? In my logic, if you can cheat without getting notice you are doing right. If you get caught you are doing wrong. A bad guy is know as doing good deeds is good and a good guy is accused for something bad is a bad guy.

4. house14

house14 Member

You can be the one to determine right or wrong (or left). Think about consequences before action. If you don't want the same consequences happened to you, then your intended action maybe wrong. Otherwise your go ahead.

5. monkey207

monkey207 Active Member

Society sets right and wrong. However, if you truly believe what you've done is right, then in your conscience, you will be right. Hmm...back to school debates about transcendentalism.

6. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

Rights and wrongs/goods and bads are dependent on our upbringing by the society we were in and the education that we were taught (in moral, religion etc)
    So I guess it is mainly the guides that were told by religion to set our moral thinking
    Which leads to our personal conscience to decided whether things are right or wrong/ good or bad

7. jmnl

jmnl Member

right or wrong shouldnt be determined by society.
    it should be determined by yourself.
    as long as i dont do thigs to others what i wouldnt accept from others, i think it would be ok..

8. ronray

ronray Member

Simply put, don't do undo others what you won't do to yourself.
    Right or wrong is in your own sub-conscious mind or your conscience.

9. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

These 2 statement contradicts from each other...

10. simply put? it left me confused :p

Luke 6:31

And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

or a modern English translation

Luke 6:31

Do to others as you would have them do to you.