Rhino drawing

Discussion in 'Photoshop & Artwork Section' started by waistui, Jun 26, 2008.

1. waistui

waistui Member

I did this drawing for my portfolio into architecture, well i am posting it here already so it already means i GOT IN!!! but i still would like some comments on it since i think i could have done better. So please feel free to tell me any suggestion. Thanks!!

[​IMG]

heres another one that i painted, its an old man......hope u'll like it!!

[​IMG]

2. lovinglyxx

lovinglyxx Well-Known Member

seriously talented!!!! im looking at the drawings and not sure how you can do better tbh, congrats for gettin into archi

3. BigM

BigM Well-Known Member

The Rhino drawing actually looks like someone took a picture of it. It seriously is that good!! I can only stare with envy at your talent of being able to draw so well.

4. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

the rhino drawing is very good..
    u got alot of talent!! :)

5. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

nice detail on the rhino face.

6. bbes

bbes Incredible

nice drawings, how long did that take u?

7. waistui

waistui Member

thanks all!!.....the whole rhino drawing took me about a month's time......but i also had school during weekdays, and i would just do bit by bit every night when i am free

8. w10_chi24

w10_chi24 Well-Known Member

omg RUN !!! its a stampede !!!! RHino coming this way AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH XD

9. COOL drawings

is the second picture a full human or half monster cus he looks evil :p

10. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

whoaaaa.....sooo good...=O

i wish i could draw like thaaaat.....=/ *jealous*

11. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

holy crap, u can draw good, now its time to draw someone famous and sell it ^^ but i reckon your rhino pic is better than the old man one

12. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

That is some fine drawing, did you draw the wall as well?

13. waistui

waistui Member

i spend a lot of time on the rhino than the old man, and unfortunately i didn't draw the brick wall lol,. i just wanted to see how it would look lif i added a brick wall like you are trying to sneak behind the wall for a close up peek

14. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

You > Picasso

15. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

dang how much time did you spend on the rhino it looks amazing

16. tiffystars

tiffystars Well-Known Member

amazing :) that rhino :O
    congrats with getting in :D !!! bring on those 7 yrs!!!

art portfolio for architecture uni
    i plan to apply to architecture fpr 2009 uni... Can i ask what else you included in your art portfolios? like.. can it be anything? or just based on architecture/construction... Im a bit confused what they are looking for in art portfolios...
    and did you do like loads of work experience? ive only done 3 weeks all together in 2 different architect companies. Is that enough >_<? please help

17. waistui

waistui Member

it really depends on what university u are applying 2........for my 1st and 2nd year in uni, i went to Carleton for their arch and the profs are mostly lookin for skills that u can do like if ur oil painting skills are really good then u should make a really good one as ur focal point of the portfolio.........but they also want to see other skills that u have like pencil sketchin, etc.

AND NEVER INCLUDE ANY TYPE OF CONSTURCTION PLAN IN YOUR PORTFOLIO.........that is the biggest mistake most student do..........they want see more about your art skills than plans.........

hope that helps..........and btw i am sure if u have any experience at a arch firm then it should b just fine......

18. hyang

hyang Active Member

Wow i must say you are very talented.
    Keep up the good work.

19. CrossMagus

CrossMagus Member

Nice drawings...
    The rhino drawing is awesome
    good job

20. whoa..i thought it was printed out from a computer at first...goodjob!